Vicki update

Hislady
on 12/9/13 11:53 am - Vancouver, WA

Vicki's situation is very similar to what Lisa went thru except that Vicki developed a severe infection in her colon and being stubborn she wouldn't go to the doctor or hospital and now she is paying for it. They removed her entire colon and is still fighting some infection tho not as severe as it was. She is unresponsive at present but they did install a trach to help wean her off the ventilator. She is off high blood pressure meds but still very ill. Her husband who is diabetic had kidney failure and a leg amputated so he is in rehab learning how to live with his new life and frequent kidney dialysis. He is one reason she kept putting of going to the doctor because she wanted to go see him. Bob is doing pretty well so praises for that but she is still in very serious condition. So fire up those prayers folks and let's get her back too!

Stephanie M.
on 12/9/13 11:55 am

Did Vickie have revision surgery with complications too???

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

looking4hope
on 12/9/13 12:08 pm

Praying for Vicki and her hubby!

Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Kate -True Brit
on 12/9/13 5:13 pm - UK

Is she a regular on OH? Don't think I know her.

not that that makes me any less sincere in sending her my very best wishes. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/13 12:41 am
On December 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM Pacific Time, kate P wrote:

Yes, you know her.  You just don't remember.  She was a major player back in the day.  Very sweet person, would give anyone the shirt off her back.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/10/13 12:42 am - UK
On December 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM Pacific Time, ldb1095 wrote:

Yes, you know her.  You just don't remember.  She was a major player back in the day.  Very sweet person, would give anyone the shirt off her back.

Was she  band revised to RNY? Just can't think of a Vicki! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/13 12:48 am
On December 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM Pacific Time, kate P wrote:

I didn't know she revised.  I did know the band gave her fits but I was unaware she revised to anything.  She devoted a ton of time to helping noobs get insurance approval for surgery.  We all referred to her as the insurance guru.  She wrote appeal letters for people, she did anything she could to get people surgery.

She was a mega player back in the day.  6 years ago?????  But I know that if you saw her Av or her posts, it would ring a bell.  It's just been a long time.  That's all.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/10/13 12:58 am - UK
On December 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM Pacific Time, ldb1095 wrote:
On December 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM Pacific Time, kate P wrote:

I didn't know she revised.  I did know the band gave her fits but I was unaware she revised to anything.  She devoted a ton of time to helping noobs get insurance approval for surgery.  We all referred to her as the insurance guru.  She wrote appeal letters for people, she did anything she could to get people surgery.

She was a mega player back in the day.  6 years ago?????  But I know that if you saw her Av or her posts, it would ring a bell.  It's just been a long time.  That's all.

Probably would!  The insurance guru bit rings a bell but can't picture her.  But whoever she is, and however bad my memory - poor lady! Coming so close after Lisa, I just assumed the revision. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 6:21 pm
On December 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:

Vicki's situation is very similar to what Lisa went thru except that Vicki developed a severe infection in her colon and being stubborn she wouldn't go to the doctor or hospital and now she is paying for it. They removed her entire colon and is still fighting some infection tho not as severe as it was. She is unresponsive at present but they did install a trach to help wean her off the ventilator. She is off high blood pressure meds but still very ill. Her husband who is diabetic had kidney failure and a leg amputated so he is in rehab learning how to live with his new life and frequent kidney dialysis. He is one reason she kept putting of going to the doctor because she wanted to go see him. Bob is doing pretty well so praises for that but she is still in very serious condition. So fire up those prayers folks and let's get her back too!

OMG, it just never fogging ENDS!  So very sorry, but not surprised to hear. :o(

Vivian Prouty
on 12/9/13 9:01 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Oh my goodness....Praying for Vicki and her husband too.   Everyone PLEASE listen to your body and when you get sick or feel something that isn't right....PLEASE go to the doctor or ER and get seen about.   Life is too short.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active