We are family

Hislady
on 12/31/13 3:56 am - Vancouver, WA

End of the year musings maybe but after seeing the care and compassion these last few months with Lisa and Vicki it just shows me that we ARE a family here. In the truest sense we bicker, throw barbs, hug, poke, embrace and punch each other just like real family. However when the chips are down and prayer or positive energy is needed for our family we are all there. People who didn't even know these 2 ladies spent time and effort on them and genuinely cared what was happening to them. For that I thank you all!

Kate -True Brit
on 12/31/13 5:27 am - UK

((Hislady)))  yes, we argue and squabble. But we also support and encourage.  And we all share the burden of a lifetime's fighting to control our eating.  So we do understand each other in a way others cannot understand. 

And Lisa (mercifully recovering) and Vicky have shown us just how serious is the decision we have made to have surgery.  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

cheyenne000
on 12/31/13 8:08 am, edited 1/1/14 12:11 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Lisa and Vicki needed all the prayers they could get. I am truly  happy they have so much support from everyone. I wi**** could be like that all the time. There is a big difference between just not agreeing and being down right mean. We Have seen a lot of compassion from people lately it's a good sign. Thank you for keeping us posted on them Hislady I really appreciated it

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Vivian Prouty
on 12/31/13 10:16 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hislady....you also forgot one thing.   No matter WHICH WLS we had.   I am a RNY patient.   It is true.   Personally IMHO people who have fought obesity are some of the kindest, most compassionate people you will ever meet.   Some are extremely opinionated too and don't mind speaking things that are hurtful but usually that is only coming out of someone who has been hurt them self so deeply in their life.     We are all human and sometimes don't make the wisest of choices with our thoughts and words.     We just have to forgive them and move on.    But I agree....we ARE ALL FAMILY !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

janddhager
on 1/9/14 12:14 am - MD

I have been away from this site for a long time.  I am back at trying to lose weight again.  I had lap band in 2006 and have gained 25 lbs in the last year.  I do not know Lisa or Vicki, please tell me their story,  I do feel like you can make good friends on our lap band site.  I always think kindly of the friends I have made.  Take Care Diane 

Cindy W.
on 1/9/14 5:24 am

It has been a long time since I was on this board ****il the last few months )  and I don't remember Lisa or Vicki but have followed the updates and have seen what a caring group of ppl that is on this board . I'm glad I came back . What is the update on Vicki ? I have seen  a post where Lisa is ready to go home and so glad to she is . Will pray for them both . ~ Cindy

cheyenne000
on 1/10/14 12:49 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Cindy, Hislady posted Vicki passed away on 12/30.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active