Happy New Year

vlp1968
on 1/1/14 4:34 am

Hi all,

Happy New Year.  I know it's pretty clique but I am starting a new today.  I am going to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan.  I got on the scale for the first time in months this morning.  It wasn't as good as I hoped it might be, but not as bad either.  I weigh 186, I am 4'11".  My high is 220.  I plan to eat a balanced diet, high protein, some good carbs and lots of veggies. I see a personal trainer for 30 minute sessions 5 times a week.  I plan to do cardio at least 4 times a week.  I am going to get on the scale once a week and write my weight on my calendar.  I will post each week my weight and in general how the week went.  Any feed back would be much appreciated.  Again, Happy New Year.

Hislady
on 1/1/14 10:14 am - Vancouver, WA

I'm pretty sure you aren't alone on this one! Sounds like you have a good plan, now the hard part sticking to it, that's where I fall down.

Vivian Prouty
on 1/1/14 9:56 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Congrats on your decision to make 2014 a successful year and healthy one for you.   I think we all start out our new year that way but soon find ourselves giving up our goals.    I too am planning on doing the same and  hopefully this year I will stick with those plans.   Congrats and good luck to you.    It will help if you find a workout buddy to exercise with you and keep pushing you to make good choices both in exercise and food choices.    Congrats on your decision.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

vlp1968
on 1/1/14 11:33 pm

Thanks so much Vivian!  Yes, lots of people make New Years resolutions, and many are out the window pretty quickly.  I couldn't believe how busy the gym was today!  I think looking to this forum for support will help.  I also have friends and family that are great support.  Your right, it's about good choices.  Good choices in all aspects of life.

Most Active