My first weekly check in

vlp1968
on 1/7/14 8:28 pm

Hi all,

Posted last week I would post a weekly update, to keep me motivated and accountable.  Well, good news and not so good news.  I ate well all week, and did my workouts.  However, I did not loose anything.  I was one pound down yesterday, but it was back on today for my official weigh in.  I was surprised since it was my first good week in forever.  Trying not to be discouraged.

I am eating a balanced diet.  I have been eating "good" carbs (whole wheat toast, fiber one cereal with greek yougurt, berries) and lots of lean meat, eggs and veggies.  I am eating about 1300 calories.

I have decided I am taking a slow but steady, eat how you will for the rest of your like approach.  I am going to stick to what I have been doing for one more week, then revaluate.

Thanks!

pineview01
on 1/8/14 4:21 am - Davison, MI

Good attitude.  You are on track.  Now the hard part, stay the coarse.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

vlp1968
on 1/8/14 7:39 am

Thanks, I do feel positive.  Yes, sticking with it is the hard part.  Sheer motivation only last so long, then a lifestyle change has to come in. 

Kate -True Brit
on 1/8/14 9:08 pm - UK

Sounds a really good approach.  Can be so disheartening when the scales don't move, but in the end, if you are eating as you are, they WILL move!  I' m doing the same at the moment! Sticking to around 1200, which is what works for me.  And finding that if I eat as I am supposed to ( protein first etc, stop when comfortable, walk away), the band really does help me.  After almost eight years I know this! But every time I get back on track after a time of being very relaxed, I realise it agsin!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

janddhager
on 1/9/14 12:01 am - MD

Hi there Ms. Kate, don't know if you remember me, but I remember you.  I know you live in the UK?  I am restarting my weight lose and have to lose 25 lbs.  I use SparksPeople website to count calories and keep track.  It helps me.  Glad you are around.  Take Care Diane.    

Most Active