10 years!!!

Mell
on 10/7/16 10:50 am

Tomorrow will my 10 year anniversary! I have had my issues with the band:

Unclip

Slip

Hernia

and finally a replacement to a large AP 5 years ago.

I have had two kids since been banded.

I started out around 300 - 320 and today I am 188!  This is about my norm I have been down to 175 and that is where i would like to get back to.  I had a tummy tuck (anchor) and a double mastectomy with reconstruction (preventative).  My final surgery was just in July and as is typical with me I put on usually around 10 lbs since I cannot walk.

I am diligent on watching what I eat, and I have a set of tricks to get me through the hard times. I have tired so many types of exercise but I end up hurting my knees and back so I just walk, 5 days a week at least 5 miles and a few miles on the weekends if I get the chance. 

I am 37, I have 3 kids (10, 5, and 4), married, and work full time. I use my busy life not as an excuse to eat crap but as a tool to NOT eat when I am not hungry. I plan every Sunday what I am eating for the week or I will be in trouble. 

I love my band and I know I would never be where I am today without it. And today I am so grateful I made that choice! 

2babutterfly
on 10/9/16 7:04 am

Congratulations on 10 years with the band! You have done an amazing job. I've had mine a little over 8 years. Best thing I ever did for myself.  I need to refocus and find my losing success again.  Love reading inspiring stories like yours!

jennifer

crystal M.
on 10/10/16 12:24 pm - Joliet, IL

Congrats...I'm at 7.5 years.  I need to refocus also.  I have not regained but would love to lose the last 30 lbs.  I lost 190lbs and I got burnt out and just stopped.  I have maintained...thank god.  But just need to get back into that mindset.  I keep telling myself...my god all that weight you lost and you can't motivate yourself enough to lose a lousy 30 lbs!!!!  LOL!!! 

My downfall is the weekends.  I am great during the week.  I eat so healthy.  But on the weekends I am terrible.  I think that is why I have maintained.  Because I spend a good portion of my time eating right....but because I screw up on the weekends...I don't lose!!!!  Ugh!!! 

2babutterfly
on 10/11/16 4:59 am

Wow! 190 pound loss is an amazing accomplishment!  I had a 144 pound loss and have put about 30 on.  Although I wasn't where I wanted to be I sure would like to get back to my lowest.  I've asked myself the same thing....you lost 144 and you can't drop 30 pounds now?!?!  It sounds like we both know what to do we just need to refocus and do it.  I do pretty good during the week too but weekends are tough.   Time to refocus...lets do this!

jennifer

NyBenz20
on 10/13/16 9:06 pm - Eastchetser, NY

Congrats! 

Mell
on 10/17/16 9:13 am

Thank you all! It is a constant struggle but one I keep trying to win!  By win I mean on a daily basis, I just tell myself "just stay on track TODAY, worry about tomorrow TOMORROW".

Good luck to you all.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Kathy S.
on 10/19/16 12:15 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Mell,

Successes with the band are getting fewer and fewer by the day.  It would be wonderful if you could share your journey with your community.  

We would love to feature your story in our Before and After spotlight on OH's Home page. If you would like to share your journey with our OH members. Please send the following to [email protected]

Information we would need:

OH Username (what you sign into OH with) 

What name would you like to appear on the article? User name or first and last name?

Email Address

Additional Details

Weight Loss Total

Surgery Type and Date of Surgery

Your Surgeon's Name

Bio About Your Journey

Approximately 250-300 words (can be longer)

A Special Milestone

Approximately 100-200 words (can be longer)

How has ObesityHelp.com been a part of your journey?

Photos

Please send photos that have not been cropped & resized if possible

A before and after photos

A milestone/NSV photo

And any photos you loved during your WLS journey.

Photo Release form. Please click the little icon to the right of Upload Before Upload After on your profile page.  Select the box "I give permission for my photographs, comments and weight loss amounts to be used by ObesityHelp, Inc. in their print material and electronic media" and save.

We are sure our community would benefit from your inspirational story and we look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Kathy
Photo Team

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Deedlbugg
on 10/19/16 10:42 am - Loafing in , PA

Congratulations! I am at 8 1/2 years and having a replacement put in next week. Glad to hear there are band success stories out there! Keep going girl!

Deanne
I'm a nutritional overachiever!~ Author Unknown

Kathy S.
on 10/19/16 12:11 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active