Starting over again

briagh
on 1/30/17 9:03 am - Northfield, IL

Hi All

I was banded way back in 2004.  If you count all the weight I lost, gained back, lost again I would be at the 200 pound mark.  I briefly broke the 300 mark a couple times but I have been dealing with a lot of other medical issues.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, severe anxiety disorder, thyroid issues, arthritis, migraines, and a cancer scare (thank God it wasn't cancer!!!).I almost died from complications from gallbladder and a hysterectomy within 3 weeks of each other.

I am going back to Dr. Shayani either this week or next and getting filled for the first time in 4 years.  Don't get me wrong, I am proud of the weight I have lost, but it hasn't been easy and it is so easy to cheat by eating and drinking the wrong things.  

Thank God we can start over with the band.

Sai F.
on 1/30/17 9:15 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

Good luck! :) 

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

kndborries
on 2/3/17 4:56 am - Baltimore, MD

That's my favorite part of the band. I got mine in 2005 and I'm starting over too.  Good luck!  

evediaz815
on 2/12/17 6:41 pm

What do you mean starting over? 

yvonneowens
on 3/25/17 10:32 am

Good luck to you! I got my band in 2004 also & have only seen a Dr 1 time & got a sample fill for $1500. I just this month saw a Dr who is going to start me on getting my fills. I havent lost any weight & gained 10 lbs since surgery I guess that isnt horrible but it is like I just got the band recently & getting started. My life was very unsettled with husbands job moving everywhere & I won the band so I went & got it atleast I have the band & now I can start using it. I have no ins & no way to pay for a band so im real lucky I got it for free.

Most Active