Hello! I'm 10 years out and have a question. I've been dealing with aspiration & night...

kimkimmie
on 10/15/18 6:13 am - Jacksonville, FL

My question is has anyone experienced a combination of being able to eat large quantities and experiencing hunger (common signs of being too loose) combined with aspiration & night cough (common sign of being too tight). I made an appointment for this Friday because I'm worried it is damaging my lungs. Sometimes when I exhale it sounds wheezy or like bubbles. I know I can sleep in a chair or stop eating 2-3 hours before bed and it might help some but I don't want a temporary fix, I want the night cough to go away.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Bigdogragtop
on 10/18/18 9:23 am

I had the same thing. Turns out I had a infection in my lungs that was causing the cough. Had to get on antibiotics for that and 6 months of acid reducing pills to stop and heal the night regurgitation. Also alcohol makes it worse. Now I take phendimetrazine every night to help seal off stomach valve. Going back today to let tightened again. Hopefully will not have problems again. Good luck.

kimkimmie
on 11/2/18 2:01 pm - Jacksonville, FL

Thanks for your reply. They removed my fluid & what a relief to not have the night issues anymore. How did the fill go? Not sure how long I need to go till I get some added back. My pouch was stretched from the food piling up there & not going through well. I want to give it time to go back to normal.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Mell
on 11/2/18 12:00 pm

Kind of sounds like what I had when I had my heital hernia. I felt like maybe something was still stuck, it does help to stop eating a few hours before bed and for me sipping decafe tea at night seem to soothe the belly.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

kimkimmie
on 11/2/18 2:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL

The doc took the fluid out & it fixed the issue. My band was way way way too tight.

~Kim 

tracynewbeg
on 1/18/19 11:49 pm - chicago, IL

I caution you to be very careful with this. I myself experienced the same issues. 30 minutes after I would lay down I would wake up with acid in my mouth, even on an empty stomach. As time went on everything I ate including water started to come back up. I ignored this. Not wanting to get an unfill. On May 3rd 2017 I went to bed and woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning feeling as if I couldn't take a full breath. I coughed every time I tried to, this went on for an hour, I finally called 911 after it seemed to get worse. They thought I was having a panic attack because I was talking and I told them I could not breathe. I remember going to the ER in the ambulance and when I woke up two days later. I had been life flighted to a hospital two hours away. I had been on life-support in a coma from aspirated pneumonia. My family was there from outta town, they had been told I may not survive. My band was unfilled before I left the hospital, so I thought I found out later at an appointment the he had left 2cc in. I had that removed. I was diagnosed with acid reflux. My surgeon had the nerve to tell me to make an appointment to get a refill later. NO THANK YOU! I now sleep with a wedgy under my head. my band is completely unfilled and will be taken out in March of this year. By the grace of God and his mercy Im getting better each day. I caution you and anyone dealing with severe acid reflux and or a tight band not to ignore this.

evediaz815
on 1/25/19 9:59 am

Thank you for sharing...Im having the same symptoms. I made an appointment but I cannot be seen until February 7th which sucks! but I am not an established patient here. My old doctor is in another town far away so I will just pray all goes until then. I want the band totally removed.

Cina B.
on 2/27/19 7:07 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you so much for your story. You are a blessed woman. I am 10 years out and have been ignoring for my cough, vomiting and reflux for about 4 weeks now. Your feedback inspired me to schedule an appointment with my physician for an adjustment. I hope I have not caused any damages.

tracynewbeg
on 1/18/19 11:51 pm - chicago, IL

Banded in September of 2009, breast and Stomach skin removal in 2012.

Most Active