Been years since I have been on here, Lap-band and basically 10 yrs out

jenstime
on 3/11/19 8:02 pm - OR

I can't even begin to say how sad it is that I sit here and almost weigh in at what I weighed pre-band. I have days where I can eat, days where I can't. Never know from one day to the next. Sometimes I toss up even milk, other days I can eat a dry salad like nothing...it makes things tough. I can't really eat fibrous veggies, can't eat most meats most of time. I had an exam done a couple years ago and was recommended to do a reversal (different insurance from when I started) my new ins of course provides no weight loss coverage, whatsoever. When I had seen the Doc. he said that I shouldn't have more fluid removed because it would cause me to gain more weight...well in the last year I have gained almost 50lbs. I had to have a hysterectomy and of course that ballooned me up...just down. After my surgery my husband left me for another lady and my band experience declined as I was a single mom, and then going to school and no money whatsoever. I did overcome these things and finally got back down to 208 lbs. never below 200 :-( Now I am almost 260...

Anyone have any luck taking all fluid out and trying to weight loss on there own? I miss being able to actually eat and have energy. I walk over 12,000 steps a day and try to eat right when I can eat. I do have a bad habit of sweets when I can't eat anything else. (nothing else stays down) just seeing if anyone else is having these issues.

Thanks!

JEN M.            
enriquecruz8519
on 3/18/19 2:32 am

I understand your situation but it will take some time I guess. I got mine done here

JusUrs
on 3/23/19 12:54 pm

Jen, I was banded in 2009 and had no major issues or significant weight gain until 2017. I found out in 2017 that I had a slip and needed to have the fluid taken out of my band to see if the band would reposition itself, unfortunately it did not and about that same time I was laid off and had no insurance for almost six months...I forgot to mention that the heartburn and reflux is so bad at this point, I sleep sitting up and since the fluid removal I've gained about 15lbs. So, yes you will probably gain a few pounds but, it can be somewhat controlled. I am in the process of getting approval for a revision because my slip is so severe.

I also enjoy walking (2 miles 3 days a week) and listening to motivational weight loss podcast that help keep me going. Keeping down food is difficult when I choose to mindlessly eat, so I'm learning to eat when hungry and write down what I'm going to eat daily...this practice also helps with overeats but, it ain't perfect lol.

Urs

jenstime
on 3/24/19 9:40 pm - OR

Thank you for your response. I have decided to have it checked again just to make sure. I am hoping that by going and talking to the doc perhaps something can be done. It is just frustrating. I feel like I did this for nothing...but am trying to keep a good outlook none the less.

Best wishes on the next leg of your journey!

Jen

JEN M.            
SwedishBlonde79
on 3/30/19 4:33 pm

Me too. Not been on here in 6 years because I got pregnant there times with two babies. Gained with them now I'm lighter than ever! So happy to be back!

lottaplump200
on 5/22/19 7:51 pm - san antonio, TX

You sound a lot like me. I was banded in 2004. I had my solution removed about 4 yrs ago and still have trouble.I know that I need to have the band removed but here's the deal breaker for me my insurance covers WLS so the band removal is covered however this is the kicker because at the moment I'm technically not "obese" pretty sure my insurance isn't going to cover a revision. So I live in pain and vomit at the drop of a hat ? because I'm scared to have nothing to replace the band. I can't believe I'm still obsessing and stressing over this.

I use to be very active on here haven't been around in years and years. Sorry you are having problems but it nice to find out I'm not alone

kathkeb
on 4/4/19 10:49 am

ALmost 10 years out ... severe reflux and regain of about 45 pounds (of 125 lost).

UGI showed a pretty significant slip ... took out 3cc of fluid and the reflux is much improved.

i just got approved to have the band removed, revise to VSG and repair a hiatal hernia .. surgery is in 5 weeks.

Kath

lottaplump200
on 5/22/19 7:42 pm - san antonio, TX

Hello, I was banded in 2004 and had to have all fluid removed from my band about 4 yrs ago. And yes I have not gained weight since. Actually I had gained some back before I had the infill. And I'm pretty sure the gain came from not being able to eat probably due to pain and vomiting I would over eat safe foods ( what ever would go down) .

i still have problems with my band and pretty sure it need to come out. My insurance would cover the removal however I don't think it would cover a revision because I'm not obese at the moment.

O goodness after 15 years I'm still obsessing and stressing over weight.

Its been years since I was on this site no familiar faces. This use to be my go to place everyday.

jenstime
on 5/22/19 9:31 pm - OR

I hadn't been to the site in years either. I feel so bad that I'm still so focused on weight instead of life. Such a down feeling knowing you tried a long time to do this the right way but because you're unable to know what you can eat consistently (other then bad foods..heck those seem no prob most of the time).

I appreciate you responding. I feel so alone in my situation. No one seems to understand they think I'm just eating a lot but I'm not I bought a fit bit and have tracked my food and such and I walk 37 miles a week. Plus did some stairs and logged my food and with eating bad I'm putting in 1600-1800 calories...I had a hysterectomy last Oct and ever since I've packed on (now) 55 lbs. I never even got below 200 lbs.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. At least you are stable for now.

Thanks

Jen

JEN M.            
jenstime
on 5/22/19 9:34 pm - OR

I hadn't been to the site in years either. I feel so bad that I'm still so focused on weight instead of life. Such a down feeling knowing you tried a long time to do this the right way but because you're unable to know what you can eat consistently (other then bad foods..heck those seem no prob most of the time).

I appreciate you responding. I feel so alone in my situation. No one seems to understand they think I'm just eating a lot but I'm not I bought a fit bit and have tracked my food and such and I walk 37 miles a week. Plus did some stairs and logged my food and with eating bad I'm putting in 1600-1800 calories...I had a hysterectomy last Oct and ever since I've packed on (now) 55 lbs. I never even got below 200 lbs.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. At least you are stable for now.

Thanks

Jen

JEN M.            
Most Active