hdmama’s Posts

hdmama
on 6/30/20 12:28 pm
Topic: RE: I want to remove my band even though it was successful

I loved my band - unfortunately, it slipped so I had to have it removed in 2016. I was able to maintain initially, but over time, I started putting on weight no matter what I did. I joined WW, I still exercised, and the weight just slowly creeped on over a period of 2 years (It didn't all come back quickly for me, but no matter what I did, I couldn't keep it from creeping up). I just had vsg surgery a month ago because even after a 6 month doctor/nutritionist supervised diet, I still only lost 10 pounds. So I needed to do something. I was pretty disappointed, I was convinced I could keep the weight off when my band came out - I was a total rule follower and had changed my eating habits entirely the whole time I had the band and I didn't go back to bad habits when it came out - although I obviously ate more than when I had it in because I was hungrier. I also never had much fluid put in my band while I had it, I wasn't one to go in and get fills all the time. I wish you success with whatever you decide.

hdmama
on 2/5/19 11:07 am
Topic: RE: It's been a while....

Hi there! So I haven't been here in a LONG time. I had lap band surgery in Oct 2009....while it wasn't always pretty, I considered it pretty successful - until it wasn't. It slipped in January 2016 (I have no idea why - it hadn't been too tight or anything and I hadn't had an adjustment in forever...all of a sudden, I just couldn't eat or drink anything). So they had to do an emergency surgery to remove it. At the time, they never talked to me about revision or offered me any other alternatives. I was at a good weight so I figured that was why. And I was hopeful that I would be able to keep the weight off. I did...for a while. But here I am...three years later, and I'm almost right back where I started when I first got the lap band. I am now wondering if I even have any other options at this point. Do insurance companies usually cover you for a second weight loss surgery??? When I had it before I had United Health Care...now I have Blue Cross, but I'm still work at the same company, so wondering if that makes a difference and whether I would even be able to do another surgery. I've been on weigh****chers for the last year and I've managed to just stop gaining, but I'm NOT losing, so it's very frustrating. I never thought I'd be back in this position again.

Most Active