I need some advice

jhadsmith
on 10/16/17 7:59 pm

Hi,

my name is Jhadere i'm 23 years old a student in Toronto, Canada. I am currently going through the process of becoming a candidate for WLS. The hospital I'm doing the program with is Humber River Hospital in Toronto. I had my initial appointment with the surgeon on October 6th. After meeting with the surgeon he told me that I would have to do the Gastric Bypass instead of VSG. Prior to the surgery I did a bit of research as to the type of surgery I wanted and I was a lot more comfortable with the VSG. I also have lupus and take a variety of medications where before I take them I have to eat. The surgeons reasoning for not doing the VSG is that the risks of Acid reflux and ulcers. there was a point where I was having issues with acid reflux but that was due to my gallbladder that i had removed. I really want to have this surgery because I have struggled with my weight my whole life and this right now feels like its my last resort. I really dont want to go through with it if I have to do the Gastric Bypass. I guess what I'm asking is what should I do. Has anyone on here with Lupus (SLE) gone through with the surgery and still been able to take the medications.

The Meds I take are:

Prednizone

Imuran (Azathioprine)

Doxasozin

Lasix

Calcium

Vitamin D

Womens Multivitamin

Tumeric

Probiotics

Iron (Europher)

Tecta