Update on the stocking issue

Brianna
on 6/25/06 2:21 pm - Lebanon, PA
I haven't been around much all week.. I did see my therapist Wednesday, and took the ill fitting stocking along, apparently I was not fit properly, and it is just too long, that is why it rolls at the top.. the therpaist knows of another place for me to get a stocking, I will be fit again tomorrow, this time the right way! I do need to call the place I got the first pair and see what I can do about returning them (which I doubt I can) The script I had was for 2 pair, I only got one, so my ins should cover one more pair, here's hoping. Hopefully this new stockng works wll and I can ditch the bandage, it is so cumbersome to put on, and tongiht coming in to work, I stepped in a huge puddle (it was and is pouring) and am stuck with a wet foot all night.....
robert
on 6/26/06 7:50 am - gadsden, AL
The company that made that stocking should accept it back-I mean you didnt do anything wrong,the person that fitted did. I would call today and see who is going to correct the problem,the place that fitted it/ or the compnay that made it. When I was fitted in Bham Alabama they had a policy if it didnt fit right they would refit it and no extra cost to me, but I had like a week or so to complain . That place should do so as well. Call the insurance company as well, they do not like paying for things they do not get - an ill fitting stocking should not fly in their eyes either. On a kinda note -glad your getting the right size stocking.As for a wet foot - that is not the best idea to date. Wet feet can cause you at the very least a chance to caught a cold but it could also cause you to get infected - if there is even a small cut on your foot and dirty water gets in there you could get cellituis or another illness causing you much problems. If you have never had cellituis-I hope you never do for it is a evil sick twisted medical ride you will not enjoy. If you catch it quick enough -a quick trip to a local doctor and a mess of pills will do you right - they will give a list of how to care for your self as well -pop leg up-cleanliness etc .-There are many sites on the web about his subject or ask a your doctor to explain more if needed. If you try the 'I can take care of myself ' route and play that game for to long - you get a nice hostipal bed and an IV for a few days. Not trying to scare you really but this is a could be. When all is said and done you have to look out for yourself. The ill fitting stocking it was great that you went back and got that corrected, but you need a second set of wraps or a way to keep them from getting wet if at all possible. Good luck , Robert Papoi
Amy Williams
on 6/26/06 2:49 pm
Really it's the first fitting places fault, they should have measured you. Sounds like they didn't really know what they are doing. That happens a lot, but it's not your fault. I remember getting my bandages wet, that was a pain! I had to come home and wash them, plus they were riding down my leg. LOL! Once they are fitted properly it will be so much better! Amy
Most Active