PLEASE HELP MY DOCTOR HAS NO INFO I AM SCARED!!!

behispraise
on 9/20/07 1:29 am - LEXINGTON, KY
my right arm, right thigh, and right calf, are all larger than the right. My calf is 3 inches lareger, my arm is 1 inch larger and my thigh is 3 inches larger. My wls tole me it was lymphedma. I asked what I need to do because they feel so heavy and tight and kinda ache. thye also swell even bigger when I walk or stand for any period of time. I was told that there is no treatment and that it may get a little better as I lose weight. I can not wear boots an dhave not been able to for about 2 years. I can not wear a watch on my left wrist. I feel helpless. Where do I start to find someone who can at least help me. I know thereis no cure but I would like to be active in getting improvement or at least stopping it from getting worse. I am really scared and feel helpless.

Amy Williams
on 9/22/07 11:05 am
The first step is to find a therapist in your area. This link can help you with this and what questions you need to be asking the therapist. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lymphedema/a,messageboard/ action,replies/board_id,5492/cat_id,5092/topic_id,635130/ I would suggest going with a therapist in your area that is LANA certified if you can find one.  Although it cannot be cured, it can be managed with proper treatments.  If you have further questions contact me anytime.  [email protected] 

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

Most Active