Need feedback from Pump users

Jenn A.
on 11/11/08 1:11 pm - Visalia, CA

I am needing some feedback from Pump users. I have been able to use just Manual lymph drainage and a compression stocking to control my Lymphedema. But On Thrusday I am having a complete Hystroectomy and they plan on removing my Lymph Nodes. I am looking at a different form of treatment after my surgery as the stockings are okay to put on even though they can be a challenge I have come to live with the daily chore. My husband will gladly do it for me but I don't want to add to his work.

So I am wondering who has used the Pumps and would it be something that would offer less ease than the compression stocking??? 

Jenn  ~ Obesity Help Support Group Coach~

**In Memory of My Son PFC Jeffrey A. Avery KIA Iraq 4/23/07 **

If you can't stand behind our Troops feel free to stand in front of them!

Batwingsman
on 12/16/08 6:43 pm - Garland, TX
  NO!   pumps = bad idea ..    Chronic use of pumps w. LE has been shown to displace the lymphatic fluid into adjacent healthy tissues and, over time, spread the LE to them .    Currently MLDT + sleeves/stockings/wraps are the only way to properly manage and control  LE ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/10 12:45 pm - Beaufort, SC
I've had a compression pump for years, but the best thing I've used is a Jovi-Pak for nighttime compression.
Most Active