Finally some relief

lesliej
on 11/6/10 4:13 am - Fulton, MO
I have suffered from lower (right) leg lymphedema for the past 9 years.  I finally found a wonderful lymphedema therapist.  She wrapped my leg on Friday and I can already see a dramatic difference.  I hope to have RNY in December and I still need to lose 25 pounds to get my bmi where the doctor wants it to be.  I'm so grateful to have started these lymph treatments.  My only regret is the fact I didn't start them sooner.  My advice to anyone who is suffering from Lymphedema is to get treatment.  Don't wait, help is out there. 
missnanajean
on 11/8/10 10:50 pm - Friendswood, TX
Good Luck with your surgery and the results of treatment. I am 1 yr. post RNY and lymphedema and down 100lb.s.  I can't express how much better I feel  my legs and arms are down to where I can go all the way around them in circumference and they look like raisins. Thats okay, clothes hide the bags and sags. The achy pains are gone and the rash comes and goes. As my Dr. told me as the fat goes so will the fluid which I have found to be true. I  have been bad about exercising and now need to tone up because the muscles are weak. Keep us posted. 
  Miss  Jean   
Most Active