masses have virtually DISAPPEARED!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 12:53 pm

I had a duodenal switch on 2/25/09.  I have lost 225 pounds (plus or minus 2 or 3 pounds, depending on fluids), and I had a very large mass on the back of my left thigh, as well as fatty/lymph deposit at the top of my left calf.  That mass  is still very prominent, but not as lumpy, and the large mass on the back of my thigh has softened, and has virtually disappeared!

I'm thinking that perhaps the loss of underlying fat has just made it less obvious, because my leg is still somewhat misshaped in back, and the overlying skin still has that "orange peel" texture. 

My legs no longer swell, but I still have dark marks on my claves from venous stasis.   My ankles are THIN, for the first time in years.

does Lymphedema ever reverse after weight loss?

Sarahlicious?  Do you know anything about this?
Sarahlicious
on 1/9/11 12:15 am - Portsmouth, OH
Hi,

Sorry I leave my computer on so while it appeared I was online I wasn't at my computer.

Yes, if you look at the pics of my legs you'll see I had a huge what we called "pouch" on my inner left thigh that hung down over my calf, through the therapy and weight loss the pouch shrunk so much. My legs do still swell if I don't wear my compression garments...they get tights and a little painful but that doesn't stop me from going without when I'm just around the house...like today no plans but housework, and rest and I gotta wash the garments. After weight loss managing my lymphedema is so much easier. And as for the discoloration mine has gotta better...lightened up a lot....but the skin is still a bit tough in the areas that were the worse.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active