help help help

on 10/22/15 10:54 am - toledo, OH

hi im new to this site and i need help and guidance or an advocate to help me i live in a nursing home and getting out is limited now the lymphedema i have is causing me to do little activities i need help i have no support im far from my home town i just need help please and thank you so much for listening

on 11/26/15 4:19 am

Ty, I hope you've found support from a local group. Please check the social services and health support groups in your town. You're in my prayers


on 12/9/15 8:20 am - Portsmouth, OH

Is the nursing home providing you treatment for your lymphedema? They should be able to have physical or occupational therapists perform MLD and compression wrapping, or at least get your a compression pump.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

on 12/9/15 8:32 am - toledo, OH

no this nursing home dont provide that

on 3/23/17 5:44 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

This is the local number for Toledo Ombudsmen. They help people in LTC faculties access care:

Region 4 - Toledo Area
Serving Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Sandusky, Williams & Wood counties
Stacey Premo, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality
525 Jefferson Avenue, Ste 300
Toledo, OH 43604

Also try this:

Lucas County Board of Disabilities 20 N Saint Clair St
Toledo, Ohio 43604

(419) 244-6632

They can direct you to the right resources.

on 3/23/17 5:44 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I didn't notice the date on the OP.

on 2/23/18 6:05 am

Yep... years later I hope he's OK. Please if you're around, update us !

Most Active