$5,000.00 leg pumps for free?

Cynthia Snyder
on 9/11/05 8:43 am - Butler, IN
I also have been diagnosed with lymphedema. Thank the Lord that it is not a sever case I have custom compression stockings for both legs up to the knees. As long as I wear them daily, I have no problems I have a pair of full leg compression pumps that I use about once a month to six weeks. These pumps cost $5,000.00 but Thank God for insurance, we were to pay $250.00 of that. When I first got them about a year ago, I used them like they told me to....at least twice a day for anywhere from 30-45 minutes. Well, the first day was wonderful; I could walk better, etc. By the end of that week, I could barely stand My knees were weak and I had to rely on holding onto something to walk & get around. My legs were so weak they could barely hold me. I went to the doctor and she told me to quit using them because she felt that they were actually "crushing my blood vessels". It took about 2-3 weeks to heal, but after that I was back to "normal". This is why I am now to only use them occasionally to rid my legs of excess fluid. When the leg pump company heard this report from the doctor, they sent me a wonderful letter telling me that I didn't have to pay ANYTHING for the pumps! God really does work in mysterious ways Just thought I would share my exerience with lymphedema and pumps! Blessings to anyone reading this! Cindy
Sarahlicious
on 9/11/05 1:26 pm - Portsmouth, OH
Hte pump was the first thing I got as treatment. My legs were HUGE so it helped. I was put in the hospital for the first "pumP down" so they could monitor me while moving so much fluid through my system. They had it on 4 hours then I could take it off to rest for 15 minutes. Once home they wanted me to use it 4-6 hours a day...2-3 on each leg. So needless to say that wasn't much of a life, and at the time I didn't have compression garments so as soon as I stopped pumping the fluid would return some. Once I started grad school, I got MLD and compression wrapping 2-3 times a week and would leave the wraps on the days I didn't get MLD...it was hard to deal with but the results were amazing. I have not used the pump in over a year...the sleeve is tooo big. And the pump just pushes the fluid it does nothing to simulate the lymph nodes as MLD (manual lymph drainage) does. I have garments now and am able to work full time...sometimes more than 40 hours a week. I got my pump for free because I was on medicaid at the time. And I'll keep it cause you never know what may happen.
Most Active