Project Patty

Dory1961
on 2/22/06 10:16 pm - Byesville, OH
Project Patty!!!! Original Post by Loraine May at 9:11 AM EST on 02/23/2006 Byesville, OH - RNY (05/06/2005) - Dean J. Mikami, M.D. I want to thank all of you who have requested my address to send clothes and personal care items for my dear friend Patty and her brother Leonard. They have no idea the suprises ahead of them. Since we had the holiday this week and mail is moving a little slow we are delaying the Ambush Makeover/Cleaning team move in until Next Saturday. We have more people available and this will give me more time to gather donations. I am working on a large wheelchair now, and some volunteers to make a ramp. I want her to be able to get out of the house and get some sunshine this summer and not be stuck in a hot apartment and have some fresh air.. Again, Thank you for the compassion you have shown for my friend and her brother. Your kindness will come back to you many times over. Again we are in need of size 6 x Womens clothing and underwear, socks and personal grooming aids. ( baby wipes, facial cleansing clothes, deoderant, toothpaste etc) And for Leonard Size 55 jeans, belts, Tighty whitey size 54, 3 x White t shirts, and 3 x shirts and socks. Also Gently used bath towels, wash clothes, dish towels and rags.. If you have none of these items and still would like to help in some way I have a few ideas that can brighten her days. She LOVES country music. Especially Keith Urban, Conway Twitty, Rascal Flatts, Bluegrass and pretty much anything country. If you would have the ability to burn cd's that would be a great idea.. And she loves to read, so any leftover magazines, paperback novels etc would be wonderful. Cards of encouragement are most welcome as well. I would love to be able to hand her a stack of cards from people all over the country that let her know that there is a whole community of people who have been where she is, and we are here to help. If anyone is interested in being a pen pal with her please indicate that as well. I am just trying to think of any way possible that everyone can help in some small way to remind her that she is important and that there is a real world outside the living room.. I Love you all and thank you so very much for all the kindness you have shown to my dear sweet Patty. I have seen her several times this week and I am about ready to burst trying to keep this Big Secret and not spill the beans. Thank you again, Hugs from Laura in Ohio Contact me for mailing address for clothing etc.. This site powered by ObesityHelp
Most Active