Newbie, Down the rabbit hole.

peppermrj
on 1/7/07 11:37 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Let me introduce myself. I am Tony J. a 51 year old male from Pittsburgh, Pa. I will be completing 6 month course this month in preparation for surgery. This and the pre op testing has turned into a real journey. I was found to have a fatty liver, a shrunken gallbladder full of stones, a Hiatal Hernia, a regular hernia, a swollen kidney, and another kidney with a small cancerous tumor. I am still working out the particulars with all of this and how it will affect my weight loss surgery. In the mean time I have been kept busy by my wife of 28 years who has decided that now is a good time for us to seperate. Just love women. Sorry for the sad tale. I am hoping to find some advice and support as my life is going to change dramatically in the next few months. Tony J.
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/7/07 1:26 pm
I'm sorry your going through so much Tony.... You'll probably have to address your kidney's before surgery. The liver and the kidney's work over time in the first few months after surgery, as your body starts to dump toxins and hormones into your blood stream. During WLS, they can fix hernias and remove your gall bladder. In fact, when I had the DS, my surgeon and my gastro. doctor told me to have it removed, rapid weight loss can (and in a lot of cases does) cause gall stones. Again i'm sorry your going through such a hard time, my wife threw me out 3 weeks before my WLS, and then we reconciled just before I went into the hospital. It was untimely to say the least, but SH** happens, and sometimes it doesn't wait until your on the pot...lol. Scott
Dx E
on 1/7/07 1:52 pm - Northern, MS
Tony, Welcome to the Men's Message Board. Obesity does quite a number on overall health Or at least it seems to Co-Exist quite well With a huge number of other med problems. Add Diabetes, Sleep Apnea and High Blood pressure to your list And it would be down-right Typical! Throw out any specific questions or thoughts you have And some one here is likely to have an answer to share. Hope you find all of the info, experience and support That this bunch has to offer! Best Wishes- Dx
Cagledude
on 1/7/07 7:51 pm - Lawrence, IN
Tony, Welcome to the OH board. It is a life-changing journey filled with many obstacles, but the outcome is well worth it. Good luck as you proceed. Floyd
carrtje
on 1/7/07 9:57 pm - Chico, CA
Howdy Tony, Sounds like you've found the right place! Welcome to the locker room.
peppermrj
on 1/8/07 7:03 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the warm welcome. I was/am somewhat overwhelmed by all that is happening. Your responces have truely helped my perspective. I am sure I will have many questions and hope to be able to contribute to some extent. Thank you one and all, Tony J.
drjco
on 1/8/07 9:29 am - Mint Hill, NC
Tony J. The guys here are always listen and provide whater advice we have. Don't be sorry for reaching out to us. We all have stories in addition to the WLS. By the way, I spent 52 years in Steeler Country before I moved south. I still watch all the Steeler games. drjco
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views