January 50 Mile Challenge - Checkpoint #1

Dan_P.
on 1/7/07 9:43 pm - Baltimore, MD
Holy cow! How did we get here already? I'm still getting used to writing 2007 on my checks and we're already a quarter of the way through the month. So how's the exercise going? Are you on track? Ahead of your pace? Need to pick it up a notch? These check-ins help me guage my progress and keep focused on my personal goals. Last Month Total Miles: 106 (82 eliptical, 24 stationary bike) Miles Through January 8th (Checkpoint #1): 38 (26 eliptical, 12 stationary bike) January Total Miles: 38 Personal Monthly Goal: 120 miles (85 eliptical, 35 stationary bike) Percent of Month Elapsed: 26% Percent of 50 Mile Goal Achieved: 76% Percent of Personal Goal Achieved: 32% My wrist started to feel better last week and I was able to resume my lifting regimen to mix in with the cardio. My muscles were not happy with me but I was glad to get back there. It feels good to get that workout in as well. Hope everyone is having a great January thus far. Stronger Everyday. -Daniel
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/07 11:07 pm - Island Heights, NJ
RNY on 01/31/06 with
Daniel, Yeah, that's what I like to see... Show up at work on Monday morning, check out the Men's Board, and then find that post where I can track my workout progress and be held accountable. I truly believe that consistancy is the key to success. Things are right on track... I try to keep my body guessing by switching up my cardio routine each day. (This also keeps me from getting bored with the same old thing day after day) I'm also getting 4 days a week of weight/resistance training. Sunday workouts are quickly becoming my favorites - As part of my triathlon training, I've reserved Sunday mornings for "bricking". That's where you train for 2 of the 3 disciplines back to back - Yesterday, it was 15 miles for 50 minutes on the spin bike, followed by a 5K on the treadmill. (The people at the gym are starting to think I'm nuts! ) Okay... Odometer Check: Last Month Total Miles: 156 Miles Mon, Jan 1 - Mon, Jan 8: 39 (15 Bike / 12 Elliptical / 8 Run / 2 Rowing / 2 Swim) Total Miles (January): 39 Personal Monthly Goal: 150 Percent of Month Elapsed: 26% Percent of 50 Mile Goal Achieved: 76% Percent of Personal Goal Achieved: 26% See ya at the finish line. Be Well, A.J.
Dan_P.
on 1/7/07 11:54 pm - Baltimore, MD
That spin bike is something I'll have to try at some point. The people who come out of those spinning classes are always so soaked! Still have to work my way up (down?) to that one.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/07 5:13 am - Eagle River, AK
Daniel, can you PM me w/ your email addy so I can gte that Excel spreadsheet from you? Thanx, - Bob
bikertrash
on 1/10/07 12:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
Jan. Walking/Running/Hiking Log 75-mile challenge; goal - 75 miles week 1 - 18.8 miles week 2 - week 3 - week 4 - total this month to date- 18.8 miles % of goal achieved - 25%
Dan_P.
on 1/11/07 1:29 am - Baltimore, MD
The very definition of being right on target! Well done.
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 36 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 95 views