Exercising.....at last

Cagledude
on 1/7/07 8:17 pm - Lawrence, IN
Thanks to Daniel and Scott for the motivation to get back into an exercise program. This weekend I went and purchased a new treadmill and got it assembled yesterday. Last night, I did over 2 miles and it felt pretty good. I had started to walk right after my surgery in April, but due to moving, got out of the routine. I lost all my weight in six months, but have a large amount of excess skin on my legs and stomach. I'm hoping that getting back into an exercise program will reduce it without the need for additional surgery. Daniel's 50-mile challenge has me real motivated and that is my goal for this month even though I got a late start. I'll never get to the marathon stage like Scott, but by summer I should be able to start doing 5Ks, which is my goal for 2007. Thanks again guys! Floyd
Dan_P.
on 1/7/07 9:43 pm - Baltimore, MD
Sweeeeet!
Dx E
on 1/8/07 5:09 am - Northern, MS
Floyd, See!! This place IS a good addition to Post-Op success!!! Keep it Up!! Best Wishes- Dx
Cagledude
on 1/8/07 10:16 pm - Lawrence, IN
Dx, These guys are amazing on here and have me really motivated. I've walked over 5 miles in the 2 days since I started. I'm feeling it alittle today too. Looking forward to meeting a couple of these guys at a clothing exchange this weekend. Talk to you tonight at the Online Support Group. Floyd
Bobby C.
on 1/8/07 8:39 am - Charlotte, NC
Well, I'm slowly working my way back into exercise. Been going to the Y and walking on the treadmill for 30 min. I think the treadmill is dangerous to my health though. I'm walking...meandering?....at 2.4 setting. Then this beautiful young woman hops on the treadmill next me and hits 6.5. Meanwhile, my heart rate shoots out of the zone. So I wind up having to watch my feet instead of her. - Bobby
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views