a Future F.A.R.T. that I am looking forward to is...

semperfidad
on 1/12/07 2:02 am - Shelbyville, IL
the ability to cut my toenails!! I just finished rolling all around the room in the frustrating task of chasing my toenails with the clippers. It is almost like they are alive and driving my body to avoid being clipped! What should take just a few moments, sometimes can take up to an hour, and involve 3 minute rounds with 30 second breaks between rounds! So far, even at a BMI of 57.4, I have always won the battle, but have been left winded and dazed every time! So I am looking forward to a day to come soon that this will go from being an arduous task, to the routine body maintenance that it should be! Semper Fidelis!
drjco
on 1/12/07 2:51 am - Mint Hill, NC
Semperfidad. Sr. I know the feeling. Since I am Diabetic and foot maintenance is very important, I beg the beautiful woman to whom I am married to do it for me. She is looking forward to the day I can reach them myself. drcjo
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 4:10 am - Eagle River, AK
The day I was able to bend over and tie my own shoes without having to put my feet up on a bench or step was like being reborn again. I know the feeling that you are describing. I have a son in the USMC as well! He's at Little Rock AFB training to be a C-130 Loadmaster. What's your son's MOS? (I'm assuming it's your son... they do have women in the Marines too!) Semper Fi, - Bob
semperfidad
on 1/12/07 9:34 am - Shelbyville, IL
Ooooo Rahh!! Thanks for the shout out Thumper! Our Son was in GSE (Ground Support Equipment) with MALS-14 (Marine Aviation Logistics Support), attached to VMA-542 (The Flying Tigers) Based out of Cherry Point in Havelock NC. He was active Duty from June 1998 through February 2004. He got to ride the wave of invading Afghanistan, and Iraq among others. After the invasion of Iraq, Stop-Loss extended his tour of active duty by 6 months. Right now he is attending College on the GI Bill, working Full time to support his family, and looking forward to graduating and moving into an IT Role with the US Military. Yes... the ability to toe ones own shoes was on my list of things to look forward to in '07 on the big New Years posting here in the locker room. After starting this journey in October, I can hardly believe that I am within 18 days of getting my Lap-Band!! I have already been modifying my diet to accommodate my new lifestyle, and working on taking smaller and smaller bites, then chewing the dickens out of it so I will be prepared when the band is in place. Looking forward to my Pre-Op next Wednesday when I am quite sure I will get the orders to move to the Liquid Phase to begin Liver Shrinkage. I have already been warning my Co-Workers that I am going to be experiencing a world-class case of Bad Breath before long
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 19 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 53 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views