OT: Need a man to help me out

Jane M.
on 1/12/07 9:15 am - Williamsburg, VA
Ok, I know women are not allowed in here! But being a widow and no longer having any men to help me out around the house, I need some manly advice. I own a HDTV Digital TV. My son decided that he was going to use his magnets (big ones too) on the screen and now I have green and blue spots all over my TV! So do I need to murder my kid and go to jail or can this be fixed? I think he might have demagnetized something. It's a very expensive TV, I'm pretty pissed about this. What's a good solution? Thanks, Jane
FatManWalking
on 1/12/07 9:34 am - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Jane, Can you tell us what type of HDTV it is, as in PLasma, LCD, rear Projection etc. It would help me to come up with some ideas. Thanks. JP
Jane M.
on 1/12/07 9:37 am - Williamsburg, VA
It's a Sony WEGA LCD.
FatManWalking
on 1/12/07 9:54 am - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Seems strange to me that a LCD TV could be damaged by magnets. I have searched a bit on the web and most agree that with an LCD screen it should be OK. I would suggest turning it off for the evening and trying it in the morning. I think it should be fine. JP
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 10:14 am
Jane M.
on 1/12/07 11:33 am - Williamsburg, VA
Thanks Paul, I checked it out. I think I may be a goner though. Man I'm ready to sell my kid to the highest bidder!
TomL
on 1/12/07 10:39 am - Bradford, MA
I think murdering the kid is the only solution. Unfortunately if turning it off doesn't fix it then it's dead. The bad thing about Plasmas and LCDs is that they cannot be fixed, as far as I know. They are on a replacement basis only from what I understand.
Jane M.
on 1/12/07 11:35 am - Williamsburg, VA
That's what I'm afraid of. The TV is barely 3 years old. That kid will be slaving for me for the next year to pay for a new one. I don't care if he's 8, he's going to be doing everything from cleaning the pool to detailing my car!
NickE
on 1/12/07 11:57 am - Capital District, NY
http:// www.wikihow . com/ Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor Remove the spaces; last I knew links didn't work -- you can give that a shot and see if there are any 'reset to defaults' in the setup for the screen; beyond the on/off and the suggestions there tho, that's all I can think of... Good luck.
walter A.
on 1/12/07 11:56 am - lafayette, NJ
it be junk, he broke the cell structure of the cell in the plasma screen ,like micro waving a cd disc, something one just dont do
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views