adenosine cardiac stress test

Drew
on 1/14/07 2:31 pm - Plainsboro, NJ
Has anyone here had an adensosine (or whatever chemical they use) stress test (as opposed to a treadmill stress test)? Care to share your experience? I'm about to schedule one and would really like to hear what I'm in for and what I should look out for. I'll feel much more comfortable if there aren't any surprises, know what I mean? Thanks gents, AJ
peppermrj
on 1/15/07 1:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry no personal info for you. I did have the treadmill stress test recently. In my research for that I ran into this short article explaining the adensosine version. Hope it helps. http://patienteducation.upmc.com/Pdf/AdenosineStress.pdf Good luck. Tony J.
peppermrj
on 1/15/07 1:21 am - Pittsburgh, PA
This link was a short overall view of the whole stress test deal. http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/9/1675_57827.htm
Jay from NY
on 1/15/07 2:38 pm - New york, NY
AJ, I had a chem Stress test prior to my RNY about a year ago. I also had a treadmill test a few years prior to that. The treadmill was much harder. With the chemical test you are injected with radioactive isotopes and have images of your heart taken by CAT scan (or MRI?) Later the same day, or the next day, the chemical stress test is administered. You lie down on the table and the nurse hooks you up to an IV. The Doc injects the chemical and within seconds you will feel a little flushed, you'll notice your heart beating faster and a warm sensation in your chest as the Doc takes pictures of your heart at work. 2-3 minutes later the test is over, back to normal. The anticipation of the test is far worse that the test itself. I hope this helps you. Good luck. Jay
bigdooba
on 1/16/07 12:15 am - Marlton, NJ
Lap Band on 12/04/06 with
AJ, sorry I'm posting this so long after you posted this question, but I haven't been on the site for a couple of days. I've had 2 chemical stress tests. There's really nothing to it. At the most you get a strange sensation when the stuff is administered but nothing bad, maybe a little flushed. Before you know it, it;s finished. Don't sweat it. Dan
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views