4 week no loss??

wahoo59
on 1/14/07 9:35 am - Cranbury, NJ
What should our daily intake for calories as well as carbs and protien should be? I never really got around to find this out. My fault. I was reading over what Dx ( were would we be without him) sent me and was curious about everything else. Thanks all. Tommy
wjoegreen
on 1/14/07 10:21 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Tommy, I am just amazed, as I focus on getting my 60+ grams of protein and 64 oz of water (4 bottles a day) minimum, and then food wise, whatever small amounts I can get down, (maybe 4-6 oz dry cereal at Breakfast, 6-8 oz of somehign or two 1.5 - 1.75 oz protein bars at Lunch, and 6-8 oz of lean meat (usually fish or crab), pasta (veggie sooup, lasanga, mac & cheese, chili, or mashed or baked potato (no skin)),... the weight is still dropping for me. The slowest it has been is 4 lbs in a week. I thought I was stuck at 296-294 for 10 days after Christmas then all of a sudden I dropped to 288 and the next day (today) dropped to 284; 12 lbs in the last 4 days. It is incredible. I can send you my daily intake plan of attack if you are interested. Joe
wahoo59
on 1/14/07 11:17 am - Cranbury, NJ
Joe, That would be great. Thank you very much for the info. Tommy
wjoegreen
on 1/14/07 11:24 am - Colonial Heights, VA
This is what i am currently doing nutrition wise. I am also walking about 2-4 miles (30-60 minutes) a day, 3-5 times a week on average. I try to get in 60+ grams of protein and 64 oz of water a day (4 16 oz bottles of water a da minimum help me keep it in perspective). Breakfast (usually around 8 a.m.) - Food, meds, and vitamins. Food is usually dry wheat toast (1 or 2 slices) or plain Life cereal (1 cup, dry or with skim milk). If I do cereal with milk, I use the leftover milk to take my BP meds and vitamns. Sometimes I'll just do a protein powder in skim or a 6 oz yougurt with protein powder depending on what I feel like would be a good eating choice and what will same down. Snack - 16 oz water, start by 9 and finish by 10 (8 oz per 30 minutes average time to get down without problems) 1 or 2 protein bars (1.5 oz each, 15 or 20 gm variety (Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe or Detours Caramel Peanut) with water (8 to 16 oz), try to start by 10a.m. and finish by 11a.m. Lunch - start somewhere bewteen 11:30 and 12:30, usually something like fish, soup, pasta, baked potato (brocolli and cheese or plain), strawberry protein smoothie, OR refried beans (like Taco Bell beef and bean burrito or pinto & cheese). Try to be finished by 1 or 1:30. (NOTE: I am say OR and not AND, 8 oz of anything is about all I can handle and sometimes not that much depending on the chosen item.) Snack - start by 2/2:30, Multi-vitamin with iron, 1 or 2 protein bars and 1 or 2 16 oz waters (depending on much I got in during the morning snack). Finish by 4/4:30 p.m Dinner - start between 5 and 7 p.m. - usually stuff like the option at Lunch but also include things like Wendy's chili, mac & cheese, deviled crab, shrimp, scrambled eggs, lasanga, or sometimes (if I'm on the run) and when I'm not taking chances, just 2 protein bars. Snack - 7 to 9 p.m, usually just one 16 oz water, and sometimes, maybe, a cookie or two (three makes me yak! Im talking small chips ahoy cookies; not any kind of monster things from a bakery or food court), or cheese, or 2 SF popsicles if I have the muncheis but I usually don't. It is the exception, not the rule. Just including this info for our edification. Nothing after 9 p.m excep****er Bedtime - Take my Protonix stomach medicine and a multivitamin with iron, and in bed between 10 p.m. to 12 midnight. Thats what is working for me at this point. no soda, no chips, no SF icecream or candy. I haven't even tried red meat and chicken gives me problems. Sometines chicken if I chop it up and mix it with mashed potates goes down ok but it fills me up sooo fast and takes hours to go away I don't tread there often. I purchased some liquid protein 2 days ago and am using it with my morning meds (18 gms oer 4 oz serving) and will using it to reduce my protein bars usage and/or increase my protein intake. Good Luck. Hope this helps some. I was assured and have experienced the truth of needing to get our protein and water in addition to exercise to keep the weight loss going. Drop off on the protein and/or water and the weight loss slows down to a stall. Joe
Mr. Jim P.
on 1/14/07 12:08 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
At 6 months out, I'm right with you there at 4 weeks and no loss.
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/14/07 2:17 pm - Japan
Warning, eccentricity ahead! I never had a single plateau until I decided to stop losing. What did I do? Had nothing but three protein shakes until dinner, then had a regular balanced dinner (couldn't/ still can't hold much). Also, did a looooot of exercise, about 10 hours a week. Not sure if it's just me, but my philosophy has been that you need to eat as if you hadn't had WLS, until you reach goal. Okay guys, fire away! (Oh, I forgot. This is the Men's board, we don't flame here. Except for Larry! ) Dave
Cal Blacksmith ..
on 1/14/07 11:46 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 11/09/06 with
Tommy, check with your doctor! They should have made sure you had that information before your surgery! Follow your doctors plan. I hit a no loss zone at about 6 weeks out from surgery and held steady for nearly 3 weeks! It is indeed frustrating to be "dooing it right" and have no weight drop. I did have some change in my body shape though as my pants were getting looser. Only about a week ago did things start to change. I am now loosing at a rate of about 1# a day though that is quite a bit slower than my first rate of 50# in 6 weeks! For the most part, it is normal to hold steady for a while every now and then, relax and let it happen, if you follow your doctors orders, it WILL happen!
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 27 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 62 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 85 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views