Back home from Dr.Joya - VSG

spike-columbia
on 1/15/07 11:24 am - lexington, SC
VSG on 01/09/07 with
First - thanks for the responses!!!! 1st day - arrived Tues. in surgery by 7-9pm. Awoke and was ok. 2nd day - felt ok except nausea and vomos (about every 3-4 hours). 3rd day- Endoscopies, Dr. found a small bleeding ulcer. By the afternoon was feeling ok. 4th day- Tested for leaks ETC. went to hotel and slept. Learned how to sip water and eat small amounts of Jell-O. 5th day- came back home and slept very well. 6th day- (today Mon.) Eating Jell-O and sipping water and had hot broth that went down real smooth. Getting ready for protein drinks next. The Head Game - seeing and smelling food - Salivation (just like Pavlov claimed) my mind saying oh yeah and my stomach saying - not interested. I had not realized some additional issues that were revealed pre and post surgery. PRE: 250 lbs GERD Sleep Apnea Knees and feet aching Shortness of breath POST: all of above and Dr. said my fat was more around the organs vs. muscle to skin this resulted in a smaller pouch (Need faster reduction). High BP Small bleeding ulcer - that caused havoc. (Hey, only $700 to fix) How, some of the post and responses were great encouragement from this board. How, much I love my wife and children and not take them for granted- (free) Thankful to Jesus and GOD for placing me at Dr. Joya's for treatment and giving me the insight to realize the blessing he gave me.
mustardmaker
on 1/15/07 2:04 pm - miles city, MT
Hi im haveing a vsg on the 24 of this month in MINN
FatManWalking
on 1/15/07 10:12 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Congrats! I was very please with Dr. Joya and his team as well. Hang in there. The first few days are the hardest. JP
osuati
on 1/16/07 1:26 am - Sandusky, OH
good luck as you progress my hope and prayers are with you through all of this.
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 91 views