I need a CYBER SMACK & A A** WHIPPING to get motivated!!!

BroDiamond
on 1/15/07 11:12 pm - New Haven, CT
I went to see my WLS doctor yesterday and I weigh 289.1(-5lbs for the clothes284.1). I was a lil upset as was my nurse(Docs wife) she said that I should have lost a lil more cause I was on serious weight loss cycle. My Doc came in and said that I am ahead of schedule,he said I would loose a 100lbs in 6 months(136lbs gone). The Doc told me to stay away from Protien Bars(I will loose 1lb a week), crackers & as much carbs as possible, he told me that I need to eat (in this order) Fish, Poultry, beef & pork and that I am at a serious plateau and I need to hit the gym extra hard. I told him that I go for 30 minutes he said I need to pick up the pace hit it hard. The Doc has set a goal for me to be 260(29lb weight loss) by March 19,I have set a goal of 250. So I need some suggestions, motivations, plateau busters, smacks, hugs, money just straight up motivation. Because of my crazy work schedule I will be going to gym at 5am(Laverne's suggestion) & I will attempt to do it at night with Zeb. God Bless You, I gotta pretend that I am working!!!
headparrot
on 1/15/07 11:58 pm - Ponca City, OK
Hey Bro, Congrats on your success thus far. You look great! Since my surgery in March, I made a point of getting a quick couple of miles in the morning walking on the treadmill, and then followed it up with three or four miles again in the evening after work. I think that the morning walk helped to jumpstart my metabolism for the day, and the evening walk helped to burn any extra calories I didn't use up during the day. I also tried to not eat anything past 7:30 at night. I'm not a nutritionist or trainer, so I have no documentation to prove that this two-a-day method works, but it made sense to me. Keep up the good work! Scott
carbonblob
on 1/16/07 1:28 am - los angeles, CA
hey Bro, working out in the morning will jump start you for the day. throw in some cardio at the end of the day too and up your intensity both times you work out. maybe do more of an incline or speed up the machine. also, throw out the protien bars, they're candy. I don't care how you cut it, they're candy! Take whey protien after your workouts too. Believe it or not it will help you lose weight. Now I believe in a lot of small (200) calorie meals in a day. This keeps you out of starvation mode plus you can eat as late as you want. Keep up with the water too. Everyone is going to have a secret so just sort it out and see what works for you. For me, I can keep my glucose and metabolism on an even keel if I eat all day long, drink water and exercise. Hope this helps......Carbonblob
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/07 1:40 am - Houston, TX
Hey Bro...congrats on the loss Cardio is the Key...Step till you love it.....it will show Russ
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 1/16/07 3:24 am - Japan
Hey Bro, I think being on a night shift can screw up your body's cycles and give you the munchies all of the time. The best thing you can do to solve it is, eat your meals and snacks at the same time every day. Also, if you make up your mind not to eat stuff made from flour and sugar it will help a lot. A lot of people are suspicious of those protein bars - too much like candy. Real meat is best, no carb shakes are good too. Great to have a gym to go to at 5:00 a.m. right at the end of the night shift. Good luck on your goal. You are at the stage where every 20 lbs makes a big difference. At 260, you might be getting close to making that run you were talking about before. Best Wishes, Dave
Modern_Viking
on 1/16/07 9:23 am - Boondocks
I was going to refer you over to the sex board by the title of this post. I say "****" happens just pull your self up by the boot straps and try again. I have been off and on this 10 lbs. I keep loosing and gaining for like two months now. I am 7 months out. YMMV Will
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views