Damn Rash.....help!

Robert Moore
on 1/16/07 11:40 am - kings Park, NY
hey i havent posted on here in awhile, but things are going mostly well....ive went from 408 pre-surgery to 260 in a little over 6 months....148 pounds...i am recently starting to have a problem and thats the skin underneath my stomach has been so itchy lately that i have developed a rash that is just getting worse...i clean often and still it hasnt helped and it has now started to happen at the top of my thighs as well around the excess skin....and i know i cannot fix the excess skin until like a year and half of surgery...so does anyone know of a good cream for this or any home remedies would be welcome i cant put up with this for another year! plus i dont want it to look like im getting any STD's down there when i have actually been gaining interest from women again! please somebody suggest something thank u!
John A
on 1/16/07 12:33 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
Hey Robert, I just asked my Doc about this last week. She said after showering and drying throughly to use desenex (sp?) or tinactin antifungal spray. This will keep the bacteria at bay that causes the rash and bumps. Hope this helps. John A 397/247/200
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/07 6:18 pm - Houston, TX
Hey man...I bet you got a fan, to help air dry...lotrisome cream from the doc works pretty good....and mometasone cream also....they are generic....if you have insurance, tell the doc to write it out for 90 gms each...that gives you 2-3 tubes/bottles....good luck i'm packing mine in my bag as wee speak, I'm having ps this morning...but things linger... I know you are in hell russ
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/07 7:24 pm
Knotty Druid
on 1/16/07 7:50 pm - MA
Ditto to what Paul said! The rashes are how I got my skin removal covered 100%! Get a referral to a dermatoligist and make sure the PCP documents the reashes as well. Good Luck.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/07 10:59 pm - northeastern, NC
As far as immediate treatment, Cruex does it for me to kill it, and Desenex to keep it away. By all means, see a doc, whether PCP, surgeon, or dermatologist to document them for reasons already mentioned.
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views