Suggestions.....

Markwho
on 1/16/07 10:20 am - Morristown, NJ
Hi guys, I am 3 weeks out today. The weight loss has been great - 35 lbs+ lbs down. I started going to the gym this week. I do about 45 min of cardo exercise. But I am always tired & sluggish all day long. I try to get to sleep eairly at night. I am not getting all my protiens in yet. Everything is hard to keep down but I keep trying different things every day to help. Water I get in with no problem. Any suggestions what is going on??? My stomach makes alot of crazy noises, this normal? It feels like it gets filled with gas then I hear bubblies the the bloating goes down. Any Idea?? Thanks
panhead58fl
on 1/16/07 11:49 am - Barboursville, WV
Hi Mark, I am five weeks out this coming Thursday. Just hang in there. It will get easier. Some people have more sensitive pouches than others. I had an iron clad stomach before WLS and it seems to pretty tuff still. I have not had trouble with any food yet, but every one is different. The crazy noises I can identify with. Mine made all kinds of noises and while I was on phase two diet, half the time I would go to the john to pass gas because I wasn't always sure if it was just gas or the runs. Now that I am on phase three, soft mushie or blenderized meat the runs have gone away but the gas is still there. Man I can cut some of longest farts. Gas is normal, at least for me. pan head
Scott William
on 1/16/07 10:17 pm
It all sounds kind of normal. You are probably tired because you are not getting nearly the same amount of "fuel" in you as you were. You will feel better soon. Keep up the good work on the cardio. Scott
Dan_P.
on 1/17/07 2:44 am - Baltimore, MD
Mark. For the first couple of months I was just like you. Exercising a lot and wondering when this whole "boost of energy" was going to kick in. I checked with a couple of people on the boards here and they suggested doing a sensible carb snack before working out to help with some of the tiredness. It has worked like a charm for me. My eating schedule now is B S (usually a low carb yogurt and a piece of fruit) workout L D That's eating four times a day. Sometimes I'll have a few nuts or a piece of fruit in the evening as well. You'll find the more you workout the more your body will need these carbs. The trick is to make sensible choices. Obviously you're still early in the eating phases and you'll take awhile to re-learn how to balance all of these things. I guess my advice would be to not stress too much over the sensible carbs if you're exercising actively. It should help with the energy level overall. -Daniel
Cal Blacksmith ..
on 1/17/07 11:33 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 11/09/06 with
You are doing fine, just keep it up! A lot of the fast weight loss at the begining is water so if your loss starts slowing down a little, don't worry about it. I am now 10 weeks out, down 68# (I just had a 2 1/2 week long peroid of no loss, thats normal) For getting in all your protien, try ISOPURE from GNC. There is 50 grams of protien in one 20 oz drink. I wasn't all that fond of the taste but it got in all the protien for the day. The energy will pick up soon. You need to remember that you are still fresh from surgery and your body is spending a lot of energy healing. Take a nap when you feel tired, it is ok. Stomach noises, yep I have them also. I can now hear gurgles and bubbles that I never heard before, again, don't worry about it. Gas is normal in the gut and it can only come out one of two ways GRIN If you have any questions that you think are serious, CALL YOUR DOCTOR, that is part of what you paid him for. For the rest of those questions, we are here to help! Relax and enjoy the ride!
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 24 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 92 views