I just got a walker yesterday

sjbob
on 5/5/11 12:06 am - Willingboro, NJ
 So, now I get to learn a new way of walking.  It will be as safe for me as using the rollator but it should correct my posture while walking and be a little faster.  I'm keeping the rollator for when I go to the store as well as using it as my kitchen or dining room chair.  I even like using it in restaurants.  I'm going to practice using the walker close to home--I'm not used to walking without having the instant seat that the rollator provides.

My brother called me last night to invite me to my nephew's graduation party from college.  I've not been to my brother's townhouse in a couple years because of steps getting into it.  I hope using the walker will help me with that.  It's not one long stretch of steps;  rather it's two steps, then one step over the door jamb, and another 2 steps once I get inside to get to his first level.  At least I'm looking at this as a positive challenge.

I hope to be able to walk more, walk faster, and even to stand for a few minutes.  Now I find it harder to simply stand than to walk.  I feel my knees getting weak and I'm afraid that I'll fall.  Hopefully, I'll build up the muscles in my legs as I use the walker.  
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 59 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 79 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 92 views