Just curious: can you now fit in a car seat you couldn't before WLS

sjbob
on 9/2/11 10:52 am - Willingboro, NJ
 Although I like a lot of cars, I only consider ones with large seats.  And, I have to have a low step-in height due to swelling in my legs.  I just realized yesterday that I could raise my seat bottom--I can now get my leg under the steering wheel without having the seat height as low as it goes and the steering wheel at max height.

When my wife had to replace her car 5 years ago, I had been trying out the passenger seats in various cars.  We got a Suzuki SX4 Crossover.  I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but the passenger room (front and back) is more than her old Mazda Protege.  With my next car, my wife wants to make sure there's some comfort for back seat passengers. I'm looking for something with a larger trunk since I usually have my rollator. As long as I get a 6 or a 4 cylinder, I won't worry about gas.  I drive less than 7,000 mi per year.
Michael P.
on 9/3/11 12:31 am
 I used to dread trying to get the seatbelt on while being a passenger in my friend's cars.  Well, happy to say that over the past month I've been a passenger one friend's Jeep and another's Chevy pickup and both I could easily buckle the seatbelt.  I've tried in the past and gave up trying!!  Good stuff!!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Batwingsman
on 9/5/11 4:07 pm, edited 9/5/11 4:08 pm - Garland, TX
 All I can say is, "don't buy a car on Ebay (or C.L.) that you have never sat in before" .  

Prior to my WLS, I had bought 2 cars on Ebay that I had never sat in, and when they arrived, found out I could barely fit in them. 

I had always assumed  that the Jaguar XJS, despite being a two-seater sports car, would be plenty roomy ..  When it arrived from CA though I barely was able to get in it, and drove it straight  home from the unloading point.  UGH.     I think I drove it just once after that, and ended up trading it off with a local Ebayer for an older sedan he had (he definitely got the better end of the deal).    Expensive lesson learned!  

However, the happy news is that I bought another XJS just a few months ago, and at my post-op size, despite my substantial regain, I am easily able to fit behind the wheel this time!    

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 59 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views