OT: Is there something that annoys you on a regular basis?

sjbob
on 9/15/11 1:19 am - Willingboro, NJ
 I'm home alone most of the day and I'm really annoyed at all of the calls that I get offering vets a lower loan rate on their mortgage.  My problem is that I'm not a vet even though I did assume a VA mortgage.  And, we paid the house off about 5 years ago.  But, these are computer generated calls and I've tried opting out for months.  Why am I so mad?  Because I'm not too mobile and I usually can't get to the phone fast enough.  My wife says that I should just let the machine get the calls but I want to be alert for calls since our parents are in their late 80s.
sjbob
on 9/15/11 7:43 am - Willingboro, NJ
 Strangely, I got one of those calls today and was put through to a person in less than a minute.  She said she's putting me on their no-call list and I should clear their database in about a week.
Charlie S.
on 9/15/11 11:32 am
Have you put your number on the National "Do Not Call List"?  If not, go to:

www.donotcall.gov

It is very quick and easy, and cut down on my calls A LOT!!!  (My number was a tanning salon before the phone company gave it to me!!!)

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

kenhud1
on 9/15/11 12:06 pm - Houston, TX
The really sad thing is how little the telemarketers care about the public in general and the do not call laws are little help. Do what I did and cut off the landline. Cells give you much more control over the calls coming in.
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

docd
on 9/16/11 5:49 am - AZ
I change my phone number every 4-5 years. there's really only 10 people that I want to have it anyway. then protect it by never putting it on a form. If someone really wants me to fill something out, I'll switch a couple of numbers so i don't get my number sold to everyone.

Know what annoys me?

Charlie's astros hat!

Go D-Backs!

sjbob
on 9/16/11 1:56 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 I appreciate all of your responses.  The county I live in has probably doubled in population since I moved here 30 years ago.  We got a shock back then when the person from the phone co pulled out a list and let us pick our own number.  We've had that number ever since.  We use it for general calls plus it's hooked up to our PC for our DSL connection.  We had Comcast before we had a PC, but we changed to DirectTV years ago since it was cheaper.  I hate it but my wife swears it's cheaper.  I just don't like losing the picture every time there's a storm southwest of us.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 38 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 63 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 82 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 95 views