November is Men's health month

Richbehr
on 11/1/11 5:34 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Guys,
November is Men's Health month, so if you haven't had a physical, make the appointment and make sure the doc checks your "junk" and prostate. When I first went to my urologist, he asked when my last testicle exam was and I told him I couldn't remember. When I would have my annual physical my internist would just do the minimum down there. The urologist shook his head and said so many internists are doing that. He said men need to get checked "down there" yearly the same as a woman goes to her gyn for check ups.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

docd
on 11/2/11 1:02 am, edited 11/2/11 4:25 am - AZ
Ditto that Rich.
And don't talk the doc out of a digital rectal exam and PSA if you are over 45!
Richbehr
on 11/2/11 2:30 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
The digital rectal exam will also detect if there is any bleeding in your stomach or intestines. Even if there is no blood to the naked eye, it will still show up. My doc have been doing a rectal exam on me since I was in my 20's. In fact my insurance now requires it be done yearly.
And guys don't be squeami****'s over in seconds and doesn't hurt.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 20 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 54 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 76 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 90 views