Plastic surgery

Bill B.
on 2/28/12 11:24 pm - NJ
Who has had it and what have you had done? I started this journey pushing four hundred pounds. My arms and legs have always been muscular but my stomach and chest is where I've carried the majority of my weight . Just trying to figure am I going to need some type of procedure when I'm at goal weight. Also, is the fat around my junk gonna go away or am I gonna need something done to get rid of that too. Ya know, every inch counts fellas....

Bill

cabin111
on 2/29/12 8:39 am
You won't know till you get near goal or start to settle at a weight you stay around for a few months.  Most people wait a few months (or years) to think long and hard about the skin issues...Your in no hurry.  There will be plenty of time to look into PS doctors and what you can live with, and what really needs to go.  I had a lot of skin on my belly and thought I wanted that gone.  I regained some weight and now it's not an issue.  But, I have a turkey neck...Someday...
Don 1962
on 3/1/12 8:38 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/male_plastics/discussion/

Bill,

This is the link to the men's plastic group on OH.  Have thought about it many times but not to keen on the pain, scars etc that goes along with it.

Sounds like you need a pannilectomy.  That is when the PS takes off just the "deflated tire" on your stomach without doing any muscle tightening that would be done in a full tummy tuck.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

MikeyMike
on 3/2/12 8:44 pm - New York, NY
Everyones mileage varies as we all loose in different places.

I ended up with deflated man boobs, Excess skin around the stomach, back waist and thighs. My Arms are OK.

I had a circumferential Lower Body Lift last November. It removed the excess stomach around my Stomach, Lower Back, Hips and outer thighs.

Going for the chest in May.

You should wait at least a year after getting to goal weight as the body is still redistributing during that time frame. If you do it before your body has stabilized you end up with a bad result and will be in the need for a revision.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Bill B.
on 3/10/12 5:04 am - NJ
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just have to wait to get to goal weight and assess my needs. Again, thanks for the advise guys.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views