Same food, different day..

Tim T.
on 8/24/12 1:11 pm - Eastham, MA
 Ever have one of those days when you order food in a restaurant and when it comes you look at it and say "holy crap, that's alot of food," only to finish 3/4s of it.  Same deal next time, only now you can only fit in what you can hold in the palm of your hand? What's up with that? Usually an omelette for me- no bread or home fries, so comparable volume day to day. Similar observations, anyone??

Brian K.
on 8/25/12 10:45 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Hi Tim,

Yeah, I get that...  Sometimes one or two bites gives me the familiar ache in my belly. I have to tell myself to stop and listen. I get pissed when I prepare a great meal, took an hour and boom, premature satisfaction after 30 seconds...  

When we eat out I bring it all home and it's lunch and sometimes dinner the next day.
Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
John A.
on 8/25/12 2:05 pm - Cambridge, Canada
It's still a mystery to me..  If I eat the same meal, some days,, a couple bites,... some days 3/4 of a small plate.  and when I get the "Full trigger" I'm Stuffed.. can't eat another fork full.

For some reason, I  eat less at a restaurant. I sometimes wonder if it's because I'm "sitting up"
at a table.. I must confess, that since the kids have grown and moved out and we no longer have to "set an example" my wife and I often take our plates to the family room and eat in front of the tv. (sprawled out on the couch)..

Often times it's the food that I'm MOST anticipating.. or that took the longest to prepare,  that shuts me down... a couple bites and I'm done.. That is frustrating.. cause ya just know it's never as good reheated.

I have figured out that the order of food sometimes makes a difference. Example if I eat a couple french fries or potatoes first.. I can't get in much meat.. but if I start with the meat (which we're always supposed to), I can eat the more.

Still a mystery to me why some days you can eat more than others

Michael P.
on 8/27/12 10:37 am
I really think it has to do with how mindfully you are eating and the order of which you eat things.  If I am paying 100% attention and mindfully eating, paying attention to my protein first then I seem to be able to get through the protein and usually only ever have room for a few bites of starches.  If I start in on the starches and am in conversation and not paying attention I almost will always get 1/2 way through the protein and won't be able to eat another bite.

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views