Big Day! Well not as big as I used to be

GregVSG1961
on 2/20/16 10:21 am - Wesson, MS

Sorry it's been a few weeks guys.  Computer died and couldn't remember log in stuff to get on at work.

Been at a stall for three weeks.  Drives me nuts, but stayed on point.  Finally it broke and now I'm down 100 lbs. in 5 months and a week.  Happy freakin day.  I stalled for two or three weeks at 280 and again at 260.  It's just like I read in an earlier repost.  So if I can go to 240 without another stall, we'll be good. 

You that are struggling, hang in there.  I'm really pumped that this is worth it.  The ones considering it, don't fear! My journey thus far has been really easy compared to a lot of folks. The biggest help for me is my wife got the surgery the same morning I did.  We're in it together and she's doing so good. 

I would suggest to insure you're committed to living on a diet before surgery though.  The only time I get any resistance from the sleeve is at a meal.  It's taken a lot of commitment not to constantly snack like I used to.  My lifelong problem has been snacking and it's been a big habit to break.  I really thought that if you stopped to get a tank of gas, you HAD to get a Snicker or two and a drink.  Like it was a dang law or something.  Stop to take a leak, get a snack.  Ain't got a snack?  Stop and get one.  The surgery doesn't really help me with small amounts.  That's where the commitment comes in.  We got this.  Seeing the 50" jeans hanging in the end of the closet and putting on a pair of 40's is motivation enough for me right now. 

Thanks for the motivation folks. 

Greg

HW 9-11-15, 354

SW 11-23-15, 305

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/23/16 1:49 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Good post, your totally right the sleeve won't make those 3pm working at a desk job munchies go away (wi**** would though).  I just pulled off my 44s and feeling like they were just too big, I was a bit scared to put on an old pair of 42s but today they fit!  I'm keeping those 44s to remind me to stay honest with myself. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

cabin111
on 2/25/16 6:26 pm

A couple things about breaking a stall...Just what I've seen over the years.  Add a small amount of extra protein (example 1 or 1/2 protein shake with milk during the day).  The other trick that I found for breaking the stall...Ready...You'll think I'm nuts.  But hard physical work would break my stalls the next day.  Things like cleaning out a car or the garage...Washing windows, cleaning the fridge, prune shrubs or trees.  You end up using muscles you don't normally use with these projects.  It works those muscles and builds them up (toning) while releasing the fat (if you keep watching the food intake).  Good luck on your journey.  Brian

Ohiodietguy
on 2/28/16 5:48 pm

Hi GregVSG1961-  Congratulations on losing 100lbs- that is wornderful! I can totally relate  to a lot of your post.  I am the type of overeater who before surgery would continuously eat all day, one small snack after another. Also I ate a lot snacks after dinner until I went to sleep. I had one doctor/surgeron tell me before I had surgery that someone who snacked all day would have the hardest time losing the weight and keeping it off. I had the RNY in October 2015. Also I have hit several weight loss stalls since surgery where I just could notl lose anytihng. I remember being stuck at 292  for a couple of weeks. I think when I got to 250 or 245 another stall. It can be frustrating when you are eating such small portions and exercising and not losing weight.  When I started my waist size was 56 inches and I am so thankful to be down to size 42 waist.  I should have savied one pair of the larger jeans to keep things in perspective.   I do not have any advice about how to break a weight loss stall ( I figure if I did have an answer, then I would not have that problem) Keep up the great work!! Thanks for sharing

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 59 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 79 views
Sunday Weigh In