199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

198.0: Last Weigh in

200.8: CW

Food: C

Water: A

Vitamins: A

Exercise: C

This maintenance stuff is hard. My weight goes up and down like crazy these days. I'm pretty sure much of this is water weight, but still.

No travel this week so I should be able to get some training in for the two bike rides in June. I was out yesterday for a short time, and I'll go out today a little bit longer. Also, since I won't be traveling as much this summer I told the neighbor kid who's been cutting the lawn that I needed the exercise myself.

Have great week.

82much
on 5/7/17 7:06 am
VSG on 11/28/16

290 High weight July 2016
220.3 Last week
220.0 Today

Food: B

Water: A

Vitamins: A

Exercise: F

Your quote of the week is right on. I'm going to print it out and put it on my refrigerator and at work.

Have a great week
-Bob

Don 1962
on 5/7/17 8:17 am

Last week - 182.8
This week - 183.0

Lots of fricking stress right now so some stress eating in the mix. Had to flip the body clock twice on eight hour turn arounds between shifts this week. 12 hours in Canton last Monday evening trolling for looters and seeing the devastation there - HOLY ****! Slabs where houses had been, high voltage power line towers twisted and down, concrete power poles snapped, wood utility poles broken and thrown about like toothpicks, cars/trucks/trailers wrapped around trees. Was supposed to back tonight but got canceled on going. Glad I picked up a box of protein bars week before.

Go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 5/7/17 11:39 am - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-227

Today-226

Focusing on the basics...Water, Vitamins, MINDFUL eating, & exercise!!

Food-C

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-A

Have a happy healthy week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

billmacc7
on 5/7/17 11:41 am - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-227

Today-226

Focusing on the basics...Water, Vitamins, MINDFUL eating, & exercise!!

Food-C

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-A

Have a happy healthy week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Jammur
on 5/7/17 12:39 pm
VSG on 10/12/16

Last weigh in: 257

Today: 255

It has been a while since I posted here. I think probably because I feel like my weight loss has stopped no where near my goal. I have reached equilibrium between the amount of calories I am taking in and expending. I am not trying very hard, that much I know. I am not depriving myself of anything, and my physical activity is still very minimal.

I had my gall bladder removed a month ago and this week I can start back with weight training. I am not much into walking, which is what my wife likes to do, but I do like hitting the heavy bag we have in the garage. I have also started riding the recumbent bike, but I can only ride it for about 2 minutes. Since I got my gall bladder removed I have not had any stomach pain when I exercise, but I have realized that I may have been confusing chest pain with gall stone pain. I am getting a little bit of chest pain when I exercise. I don't feel like I am about to have a heart attack or anything (I have had 2 so I sort of know what that feels like) but it may be time to get a stress test again, now that I can eliminate gall stone attack pain from my symptoms. I hope it is just that my inactivity is causing the pain. I know my heart has to get back in shape. I know I need to take it slow to start with. I just don't know how long before I can ride the bike for 5 minutes and not feel like I am in distress.

I keep wondering, what if this is as low as my weight will go? My weight has fluctuated between 254 and 259 for the last couple of months, it seems. What if I remain at around 255lbs for good? I will consider that a failure, although I know that compared to where I was before, I am 100 times better off. My blood sugar is much better, although I do notice that it spikes a lot more easily now that before. Of course, before it was always high so spiking was not the issue. So as far as my health goes, it has been a success. But I also know that there are external opinions, and as much as I don't want them to affect me, I am not sure that I am not feeling the pressure to keep losing. That sort of pressure is not motivating me though, if anything, it is just making me feel bad about my lack of progress.

I guess I am just whining and maybe even trying to justify my lack of weight loss progress with the old "at least I got this far" line. I have not given up. That much I know. I just am not going to get there as fast I as wanted to get there. I know what I need to do, track my food, drink more water, exercise more, but I just don't want to. Not sure how to get over that.

I have come to realize that not only is each person different, but each day is a different battle. One day's success may be based on something completely different than the previous day. Even the same temptation may be needed to be tackled differently from one day to the next. This is not easy. But no one ever said it would be. Is this addiction? I don't know, but I think so. Unfortunately, the addiction portion of our particular health concern has been sorely ignored by most parts of the healthcare industry. Anyway, now I am just rambling. Thanks for listening.

82much
on 5/7/17 4:53 pm
VSG on 11/28/16

I had surgery around the same time. I feel you pain. Stalled to early and too long for my liking.

yvranx42
on 5/8/17 12:03 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

High weight (June 2011): 328

Pre surgery weight (2/1/17): 283

Last week: 221.9

This week: 222.4

Not happy with this number! This is my first Sunday-Sunday that I've gone up since my surgery on Feb. 1. I was pretty good this week too with diet, exercise, vitamins, and water. Just in a stall I guess, or maybe a weird scale reading on Sunday, because this morning the scale said 219. We'll see what next Sunday brings.

Have a great week!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 84 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In