199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

204.2: Last Weigh in

203.0: CW

Food: C+

Water: A

Vitamins: C

Exercise: C+

A better week with more mindful eating and less snacking. I'm struggling with exercise. The weather here has been crappy, and I haven't been able to get much seat time in the bike. In two weeks, I do my first century ride, followed by 150 miles the weekend afterward. I'm getting a little worried that I'm not prepared well enough. Yesterday, I wasn't able to get outside, so I did about 90 minutes of spin class. Today is about the same, so I'll do another class. It's not the same as seat time though. Between customer visits to my plant, and a three day trip to Toronto this week, workouts will be wea****il next weekend again.

Ughh

Our neighborhood pool opened up yesterday (even though the high temp was 45 degrees :)) meaning the symbolic start to summer is here. I'm looking forward to a great summer. I set a goal of 50 miles a week average to ride. Hopefully I can get a couple of days where I ride the bike to work which should pad that number a little bit.

Have a great week everyone

82much
on 5/21/17 7:26 am
VSG on 11/28/16

290 High weight July 2016
220.9 Last week
215.8 Today

Food: A
Water: A
Vitamins: A
Exercise: C

A good week, but not easy. I started weighing myself every other day instead of only on Sunday mornings. Also cut back on calories from 1200 to 800 daily after reading on the forums how other men have had success. And the dreaded "E" word. I exercised by being a lot more active this week, as suggested here. Cut the lawn with a push mower instead of the tractor, did a lot of yard work, and walked between buildings at work instead of driving, plus extra walking just to get the steps in.

I hoping I keep up the motivation and see my goal of 180 this year.

Have a great week
-Bob

Qajohn
on 5/22/17 6:04 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

As you go through the OH boards, you'll see posts that say you can't outrun a bad diet. I agree with that statement, but I have my own theories about exercise.

First, while your diet discipline is definitely more important, I don't believe we can ignore physical activity of some sort. At the end of the day, its calories in and calories out that matter. The more activity, the more calories you burn even if its a small amount.

Second, I believe that its critical to burn as many calories at rest as possible. Therefore, I believe that body composition is important since (pound for pound) muscle burns more calories at rest than fat. Therefore, O believe that anything we can do to maintain muscle mass while losing fat is critical (ie exercise, especially weight training).

The most important thing is to not look at exercise as work. Find something you like doing, and do more of that. It can be anything from golf (no carts!) to hiking, to work around the house to group sports. Just have fun doing it.

Don 1962
on 5/21/17 8:25 am

Last week - 180.8
This week - 180.8

Holding steady so no screams of anguish.

Only worked two days last week and was on vacation for the rest. GF's sister in Dalton, GA was retiring from teaching school after 30 years so went to her retirement party. Nobody was drug off the plane but we made it clear boarding we'd take the $10,000 if they wanted to bump us! GF enjoyed seeing her niece and nephews along with the great niece and nephew. Found out another one is due by the end of the year.

Plan was mowing today but Mom Nature putting the kibosh on that. Guess I'll be on treadmill this afternoon. Work schedule is still fubared. Getting too old for the constant alternating back and forth. Hopefully get some bodies in place soon.

Git 'er done!

Qajohn
on 5/22/17 6:05 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Treadmills suck

FUBAR'd work schedules suck

I can't even fathom what retirement may be like.

Don 1962
on 5/22/17 4:03 pm

Joke that funeral dirges will be on the playlist at my retirement party!

This week not too bad on flip flopping. Days today, Tue - Thur on evenings, off Friday then day time on Saturday. Have a car show in town Saturday and HS friend of mine is reportedly bringing his Delorean from Tyler. Have to check and make sure he is coming. Normally I would have to be back Friday morning after being up Thursday evening. Have worked enough fubared scheduling that guess I'm an old hand at it.

No treadmilling Sunday but got it in today after work. Yesterday the recliner sucked my ass into its deep recesses and I could not break its grip!

yvranx42
on 5/21/17 1:18 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

High weight (June 2011): 328

Pre surgery weight (2/1/17): 283

Last week: 218.1

This week: 212.4

Can't complain about the results this week! Been pretty consistent with my food consumption, with water intake, and exercise. Only difference was a 5k run on Saturday morning. Maybe I need to incorporate more of that in my routine? I've read a lot of posts on OH from people who having gotten in to running after WLS... But I'm not feeling it. Hiking I like, running I can't get into. I did find myself pushing myself pretty hard though.

Today marks the 12th wedding anniversary for my wife and me. She's been watching what she eats and getting more exercise too, so we don't have celebration plans around eating. We went to a spa yesterday, and this morning we woke up at the crack of dawn for a 5 mile hike.

Have a great week!

Qajohn
on 5/22/17 6:08 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Nice job.

My wife wants to support me in her head. that support hasn't reached her heart yet, so it hasn't become actions on her part. Its great that your wife is along for the ride.

BTW, hiking can be a great workout. Especially if you can hike with some elevation changes.

yvranx42
on 5/22/17 8:14 am
VSG on 02/01/17

I couldn't agree more! She's started heading off to the gym a few times a week. She's working on dietary changes too. Never easy, but it's great that she's working in the right direction.

Yes our hike had about 1200' elevation gain this weekend, and most of it was in the first mile or so - pretty intense start! I had more trouble with the downhill though - after running that 5k on Saturday, I think I tweaked my ankle a bit so I had to step gingerly.

billmacc7
on 5/21/17 4:51 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-229

Today-230

Danger Will Robinson we have a problem.. back to basics

Food-D

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-B

Have a happy healthy week!