eating

dondomit
on 7/31/17 1:59 pm

so, I am 2 months out today. everything is going great, still getting used to everything.

what does your daily meal plan look like?

breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack?

I have been doing an oikos yogurt for breakfast, some chicken and veg for lunch, and usually chicken/turkey with veg for dinner. snack might be a couple pickles, some string cheese, or another yogurt...

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' 

Don 1962
on 7/31/17 4:05 pm

Howdy!

Even at nine years out breakfast is a poached egg with shredded cheese on top. If out and can get IHOP split their steak bites and eggs with the GF. Same for ham & cheese omelets.

Lunch varies. Lots of chalupas/tostadas. Some quesidias too. Will scrap the fixings off and eat that but leave the greasy ass base alone. Partial to Hormel Complete Eats when by myself. Eat the meat, some of the veggies and ditch the rest.

Supper varies. Tonight it is rotisserie chicken and green beans. Last night was 8-9 hot boiled shrimp.

Learning to eat post op is a lot of trial and error. If a food disagrees with you leave it alone for a month or so and come back and try it again. I have only had projectile vomiting twice as a post op. Both times it was on chicken that was TOO DRY! I get a taste of chicken that is too dry - I have flashbacks! You learn what you are willing to try and what you are not. Still like Bar-B-Q but give me the sauce on the side please.

Like I said lots of trial and error.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cabin111
on 8/2/17 10:07 am

We need to know which surgery you got. I can really only speak for the RNY. A VSG person could help you more for what has worked for them.

dondomit
on 8/2/17 12:09 pm

Ahhhhh, that makes sense.

I had the VSG.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' 

82much
on 8/3/17 10:30 am
VSG on 11/28/16

VSGer here:

Today

Premier Protein drink for breakfast

Salad with lite Italian dressing blue cheese and Parmesan cheese for lunch

snack will be cottage cheese with chia seeds

dinner unknown, probably chicken or salmon, with a little salad

later snack maybe cheese and or some air popped popcorn

cabin111
on 8/3/17 11:17 am

Nuts to you!! No, not that nuts...Have some nuts available for snacking. Don't go hog wild on them. Over the years (again I'm an RNY person...More malabsorption) I will keep in my pockets; plain almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dry roasted peanuts, rye crackers, plain Cheerios, beef jerky. You can keep them in a sealed plastic bag at home, at work, in your car. I also (the first few years post op) would keep a can of chicken or beef vegetable soup in my car...In case I was stuck in the middle of nowhere (pop top lid). Hope these help. Brian

chevtow41
on 8/4/17 5:41 pm
DS on 11/11/14

I had DS. I have a hamburger (on grill)every morning for breakfast (4:30-5:30am), usually bacon and eggs for 2nd breakfast (9-10am), steak, burger, brat, or chicken typically for lunch about 12:30. Jerky or yogurt for snacks. Dinner steak, roast, meatloaf, chicken, chops, BBQ pork, etc. and often about 9pm I'll have another burger or hot dog on grill. And yes I grill out year round and I live in Green Bay so even in snowstorms lol

Fredbear
on 8/18/17 11:14 pm, edited 8/18/17 4:15 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

I'm 8 months out and I had VSG. My typical workweek meal schedule looks like:

B: protein shake (or cottage cheese)

L: (at work:) 2 oz chicken with broccoli slaw, riced cauliflower, and a low calorie dressing (working from home:) tofu/chicken stir fry

S: protein shake (or jerky)

D: a protein and some vegetables... like chicken or meatballs or steak or hamburger, with green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, peas, beans, etc.

On the weekend there's more variety since I'm eating with my spouse for all meals. I do well during the week because I'm perfectly content to have a regimented diet at work.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 21 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 54 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 90 views