199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

211.4 Last Weigh in

210.8: CW

Food: C

Water: C

Vitamins: A

Exercise: C

Eating was a little more mindful, but there is still a long way to go. Exercise was better, but again more work to do. I'll take the small weight loss, but I gotta do really good this week as we head up to Thanksgiving. By the way, how many of you toward the end of the week think "oh **** I gotta weigh in on Sunday"? I know I do. I like the accountability.

My life is in turmoil again with the second wave of my project at full speed, and thanksgiving weekend here. So much so, I've been blowing off anything fun (aka football weekends). Speaking of which, I'm spending the day today packing to go to Michigan tomorrow. I'll be missing any football today and the weigh in next weekend.

My advice for Thanksgiving for what its worth. Be careful and mindful of what you eat, but don't feel guilty about what you eat. Keep the holiday in perspective, its about family and giving thanks, not about eating. Concentrate more on your family and friends, and less about what you plan to eat.

Most importantly....stay safe....

Have a great week

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/17 5:44 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I was 278 this morning, so down a pound since last week. I have been slowing down quite a bit. Truth be told, outside my flap, there ain't much left to lose unless I start giving up muscle mass. I am a little more than 13 months out from surgery, and down 204 lbs from the start.

HW 481

SW 414 (Oct 11 2016)

CW 278

I do not concern myself with what I will weigh on any given day. I have enough stress in my life that I don't need to stress about that as well. We all have stress. Different things for different people, but the stress is always there. I do weigh myself every day at the same time.

My weight fluctuates up and down regularly. I will hit a new low, and then climb the following days or week as much as four pounds. Then it comes off again, and I hit another new low. It is taking longer and longer for that all to happen, but my surgeon told me to expect that. In the month and a week since I saw him for my one year check up, I've dropped 7 lbs.

I am going to treat Thanksgiving as I do all the rest of my meals. I will focus on turkey, add a little tiny bit of carbs on the side, measure everything, and be content without making myself uncomfortable. At the end of the day we will send most of the bad carb food home with relatives and get back to our strict regimen the following day.

Well, almost. We have a tradition with our four young grandsons. They expect Papaw to produce strudel bites for breakfast when they are here. I used to eat them four or six at a time. I will eat one with them, and THEN it is back to the salt mine. Some will say this is real bad, but it has worked well for me so far, and I have had no desire to eat to excess, regardless of whether it is good food or bad. I am enjoying my success too much for that.

Don 1962
on 11/19/17 6:17 am

200+ loss is rates a "big ol' nasty stinky" on the FART scale!

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/17 3:58 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you. I think. I am still in my honeymoon from what people tell me, but it has gone very well.

Don 1962
on 11/19/17 6:38 am

Last week: 190.2

This week: 189.6

Little bit helps. We did Thanksgiving last night at my mother's. May have eaten too much too close to bedtime. Indigestion and gas big time this morning.

Mississippi State rallied to beat Arkansas. Next stop, and last stop pending a bowl game invite, will be Starkville for the Egg Bowl with Ol' Miss. Normally rooting for A&M is not permissible but with them playing Ol' Miss last night it was encouraged. LSU took care of Tennessee. Auburn, Florida and Georgia all winners. Alabama in a "chump" game against Mercer slaughtered them, 56-0. In six man football, if you are not familiar with that version, if at halftime one side is 45 points ahead of the other the ball game ends. If not at half as soon as it happens in 3rd or 4th quarters. Game would have been over in 3rd quarter.

If you are traveling this week - PACK YOUR PATIENCE!! Especially at the airports. Lots of folks traveling this week by plane or ground that normally don't travel so the whole process freaks them out!! Can always tell on the Interstate who does not drive on open highway that often.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 11/19/17 7:53 am
VSG on 11/28/16

195.8 Last week
194.6 Today

Food: D
Water: D
Vitamins: A
Exercise: C

I just looked in my book of excuses. I think I've used them all up.
Just got back from the weekend helping a buddy out at his lakeside cottage.
Some hard work raking leaves, but mostly eating well, and snaking on not so well things.
I could have been more mindfull with the snacking, but I own it. I haven't been up
to his cottage since my my surgery, and forgot that it is usually a lot of eating, watching B movies, and
driving around coastal Lake Erie.
All is well! I'm thankful for my family and friends (including my new ones here) and my new lease on life.

Good week to all.

-bob

billmacc7
on 11/19/17 5:34 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-235

Today-238

My weight is highest it has been Post Op. I am frustrated as I want to get down about 20 lbs but not having much luck. I NEED to do following EVEN with Thanksgiving this week:

Eat Mindfully

Exercise Regularly

Drink Water Frequently

Take Vitamins as necessary

Food-F

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-C

Have a happy healthy week

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

cabin111
on 11/19/17 10:09 pm

197...Same as last week. Because of my sleeping issues, I try and stop caffeine by 12 noon. I also try and stop large amounts of sugar by 2-3pm. Because of this (no coffee, ice/hot tea, Pepsi) in the afternoons. This allows me to (I believe) keep the weight down. I do it for my sleep, but it helps with the weight loss too. I need to exercise or do some hard physical work during the day (again for sleep)...But that too helps with keeping the weight off.

If you are at family or friends this long weekend...Ask if there are any projects you can take on (hint...Stay away from the grazing). Ask if you can; clean windows, detail a car or truck, pruning projects, gutters...Anything to stay away from those snacks!! Brian

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/17 3:52 am
VSG on 10/11/16

If you need exercise, projects, lots to keep you busy, and no snacks except for protein, you can come to my house! I will set you up with enough yard work to keep you busy for a loooong time.

cabin111
on 11/24/17 9:15 am, edited 11/24/17 1:15 am

Ahh...No fair!! Two times (during this Thanksgiving week) I have been offered cheesecake!! Needless to say I had it both times, but let's get real. Apple or pumpkin pie (without the topping) can work fine...But Costco Cheesecake!! They are not fighting fair...!!!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 39 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 39 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 64 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 83 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 96 views