Post Thanksgiving weigh-in

Don 1962
on 11/26/17 8:48 am

See the source image

Last week: 190.2

This week: 189.2

I can live with that. Feeling all the ass time driving since Wednesday. Glad we came home yesterday. Traffic was bad enough but not like it will be today.

Couple of notes here. M-State lost to Ol' Miss in a heart breaker especially after our QB got his leg broke in first quarter. Too little to late in 4th quarter to pull it out. Will admit we left when score was 24-6 at end of 3rd. One it looked hopeless, two we were freezing our asses off and thirdly the "three stooges" broadcasting team sitting behind us would not shut the Hell up! Other games Auburn humbled Alabama and LSU beat A&M.

Was in the hotel parking lot after the game and I looked at my FB on the phone and saw where a DPS Trooper was killed on I-45 during a traffic stop. I did not know the man but it happened in the county that adjoins the county my little town is in to the South. Just put the kibosh on whole weekend. Feeling sad about loosing a football game but calling my Chief and getting the details on Trooper made me sick. Thanksgiving Day will never be "thankful" for his wife and three kids. The mourning bands will come out of the drawers they are kept in and go on the badges till after funeral on Friday. Good thing is shooter was apprehended outside of Houston.

Have a Great Week!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/17 2:18 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I am down a little over a pound from last week. I usually round up or down to the nearest whole number, since at my weight half or quarter pounds can be gained or lost in minutes and are essentially insignificant. I was down as low as 276 1/2 just before Thanksgiving, swelled up to 279 during the week, and hit 276 3/4 this morning. I am happy with all that, especially since I was less than discreet during the day itself. And all that fluctuation is normal for me, so I was expecting it.

HW 481

CW 277

Goal Weight 300

I guess I should say something about my goal. I set my goals based on numbers my surgeon gave me for average weight loss. Average for me with the sleeve would have put me around 350. I set my first goal at 325. I blew through that and set a second goal of 300. I blew through that. Now I am 23 lbs below that. There isn't a lot left to lose, but I am just going to keep on what I am doing and see how far it gets.

I am very heavy on protein - 120 grams or more a day - to help prevent muscle mass loss. So far so good. I've lost some just from not hauling around all the extra weight, but the ones I use regularly for work and working out are doing very well.

cabin111
on 11/27/17 12:06 pm

Just a thought...Be careful with the protein. Since you are near normal, you should be looking at a more normal diet. A diet rich in protein from lean meats, nuts, beans...With more vegetables. A high protein diet can hurt your kidneys and cause other problems. It is great for a diet, but can be harmful when your are in maintain mode. You might want to check with a dietitian on good proteins and what amount is needed. My two cents...

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/17 1:08 pm
VSG on 10/11/16
On November 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM Pacific Time, cabin111 wrote:

Just a thought...Be careful with the protein. Since you are near normal, you should be looking at a more normal diet. A diet rich in protein from lean meats, nuts, beans...With more vegetables. A high protein diet can hurt your kidneys and cause other problems. It is great for a diet, but can be harmful when your are in maintain mode. You might want to check with a dietitian on good proteins and what amount is needed. My two cents...

I agree. I am starting to eat more of a maintenance diet. My Fitness Pal usually has me at 120-155 grams of protein for any given day. If I get to over 100, I relax on it, but will often hit 120. Part of the daily number depends on whether it was an exercise day or not, exercise being defined as bike riding.

I am setting up an RMR test with the nutritionist at my bariatric practice. That should take place in January. She does a decent job, but sometimes I have to hold her feet to the fire to get something other than the stock answer. Protein is a good example. Last year she assured me that I would do fine as long as I got 50-60 grams a day. I countered with MFP telling me to get 100-120 or even more. Then she took notice and gave me an answer based on my physique and not the average.

With the exception of Nature Valley protein bars, which I carry for travel or when I need something in a hurry, I've been on "real food" since early in the year. I've got a bunch of Gold Standard powder that has been sitting around since right before surgery. I was drinking it for a while after, but as soon as I got to solid food, it was relegated to a shelf and I make sure to get lots and lots of liquids in to keep my kidneys flushed out.

cabin111
on 11/27/17 12:16 pm

197-198...I'll take it. Ate bad this week, but I did a lot of physical work (pruning, mowing, raking, walking)...

82much
on 11/27/17 5:34 pm
VSG on 11/28/16

194.6 Last week
195.7 Today

Food: D
Water: D
Vitamins: A
Exercise: C

YUCK!

Didn't take your cooking tip :-) Even though I brought home 90% turkey, but the stuffing, oh my!

Tomorrow is one year for surgery. Was hoping for a 100 down.

good week to all!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views