Surgery Day is here! And I'm Terrified!!!!!

PoliceMan2345
on 2/19/18 12:28 am

Hello All,

My surgery date [02/20/2018] is approximately 28 hours away and I'm as terrified as I am excited, and then some more. This will be my first surgery of any sort and can't believe I started my "Lifestyle Change Journey" back in October of 2017 and now the day is almost here.

Could use some prayers and words of encouragement right now to help with the anxiety. There's no turning back and I will be spending my day drinking clear liquids and doing anything to keep my mind off of it until it's time.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to joining the loser's bench and start living a Happy LIFE!

-PoliceMan2345

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/18 1:29 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I was as scared as a little girl. In a cemetery. By herself. At midnight. On Halloween. It was my first major surgery ever, too. I had second thoughts right up until they put the lights out for me. The chances of dying are extremely small. If your surgeon is competent, the chances of complications are also very small. And (and here comes the hard part) if you OBEY DOCTOR'S ORDERS, the chances of complications are greatly reduced.

In other words, don't start munching on forbidden food right out of the gate. Don't decide you need to start lifting weights a week out of surgery. Don't blah blah blah. Follow your plan, and you will do well. Getting the surgery is actually the easy part. It is changing what is in your head that takes most of the effort. Good luck with it. And please report back once you've have your surgery and let us k ow how you're doing.

Don 1962
on 2/19/18 3:36 am, edited 2/18/18 7:38 pm

Welcome to the Board!

No shame in your game to be scared. This is not a sprint but a marathon. You do it one day at a time. Best advice is found in signature line!

BTW: I've been wearing the same unis for over 7.5 years. Fixing to replace them because of wear and tear and not from outgrowing them. Other than riding up into my throat when I'm driving my vest fits like it should but a smaller duty rig leaves limited space to carry all the tools of the trade.

Good Luck Tuesday!

Image result for thin blue line flag texas

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 2/20/18 1:15 pm
VSG on 11/28/16

You will do well!

I am just over a year out and feeling better than I have in many years. This board is full of people that are willing and wanting to give their experiences and sage advice.

Welcome to the group!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 18 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In