201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

215.0: 4th Surgiversary

216.2 Last Weigh in

216.8: CW

Food: B

Water: C

Vitamins: B

Exercise: A

After 10 months of nearly constant travel, I'm done with the project from hell. By my estimate, I've spent nearly 170 nights away from home since last August. That's a crap ton of eating out. I went back to my post on this board from 8/13/17 when I started the project, and found my weight to be 205. I gained about 12 pounds dammit. Time to get back to work. A few months ago, I was transferred from Operations to Sales/Marketing, so I'll still be traveling a lot, but not nearly as much as I have been.

On to the pictures. A couple of years ago, I was reading posts on this board and one of the guys was talking about biking (I can't remember who - so sorry for not mentioning you by name). Since my wife had been bugging me about buying a bike, I jumped in and bought the bike in the top picture. Last year, I did a century ride (100 miles in a day) followed by a 150 mile ride (75 milesX 2 days) on that bike. I realized I needed a new bike if I was going to have more fun. As a reward to myself for completing the project on time and under budget, I bought the bike in the bottom picture this week. Damn its fast. I started training for a 50 mile ride in two weeks, followed by the 150 mile ride again this year. I'm also thinking about joining a local bike club to get out more. Its good exercise, and easy on the joints.

Have a great week everyone.

82much
on 5/20/18 7:15 am
VSG on 11/28/16

198.3 Last week
202.0 Today

Water: A
Exercise: D

Nice bike! I bough a used Trek last year, but haven't nearly utilized it as well as you do. It's still hanging from the rafters in the garage. Weather and other commitments have really hindered me from getting on it yet.

Oldest daughter got married this week. They'e been dating for 8 years, got engaged this year, but wanted a private nuptial with a JP. They sprung it on us Mother's Day that the parents are invited (her co-workers intervened) and it would be Tuesday. A little mix up at the court house had us having to find someone to officiate across town at a beautiful pavilion. Better scenery than a court house. It turned out well and I am excited for them.

Weight gain today. Did well all week in being under 200. Only excuse/explanation is yesterday food was mostly lunch meat and Chinese. God please make it stop raining! A lawn cut in itself is good for over 10000 steps!

Good week to all.

-Bob

Don 1962
on 5/20/18 3:26 pm

Congrats to your daughter and now son-in-law!

Don 1962
on 5/20/18 7:30 am

Last week: 189.2

This week: 187.8

Congratulations on getting through the "project from Hell"! I can understand rewarding yourself. When I was approaching the 18-19 year mark in law enforcement I "rewarded" myself with a new stainless steel Kimber 1911 .45 ACP. X2 and I went to a gun show in Forth Worth. I had handled it twice, walking off, and on the third time I bought it! All those thousands of guns there - it was "talking" to me! Replaced the .45 I was already carrying.

Mess at Santa Fe, TX HS. My worst fear is local school jumping off.

Work schedule still twisted up this week with new wrinkle. Off Wednesday to work car show on Saturday. Have no issues with that gig. Doing yard Wednesday instead of yesterday or today. Leasee mowed near house but left some behind where they could not go with 20' mower so plan was to get our old tractor and 7' mower and pretty it up. Doing great till tractor air locked. Tried to pull it back to my shop with truck but uphill in sand - no bueno. Jack with it Monday when it can pulled with 4WD tractor or truck. Not keen on air bleeding a diesel while doing fire ant dance.

Week looks good eats and exercise wise beginning today.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/18 2:21 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

A Kimber, eh? Fancy Schmancy. I have some friends who carry Kimbers. I've got a Colt Lightweight Commander for dressing up. It's gussied up with some Cerakote, a stainless slide, and cocobolo grips. My EDC is a S&W 45 Shield. For a stock Tupperware gun, the trigger is almost as nice as a 1911.

Don 1962
on 5/20/18 3:23 pm

The 1911 it replaced was a pre Clinton gun ban Norinco. I got it from a now deceased friend of mine years ago. He had tricked it up and throated the feed ramp. Sweet shooting gun and I still qualify with it to keep it for off duty. I started out on a 1st Gen Glock 19 before going to the 1911's.

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/18 2:18 pm, edited 5/20/18 7:22 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Congratulations on getting a big job done, and especially on the bike! Good for you on both counts. I love to ride, but the weather has been very uncooperative so far this year. It went straight from snowing almost every day to raining every day. I?m beginning to thing I?ve been transported to Ireland.

Last week 265

This week 264

Despite my prognostication that I thought I was done losing, I dipped down to 261 even this week, and then bounced right back to 264. So who knows? Apparently not me.

I've posted this before I am pretty sure, but this is my new ride, which I purchased at the end of the riding season last year. It is a hybrid, so not as fast as yours, but it suits the riding I do.

NCMTNEER13
on 5/22/18 2:01 pm
VSG on 11/26/18

Start of 6 month pre-op diet (2/14): 320 lbs.

5/14: 292 lbs.

5/20: 291 lbs

Water: B

Exercise: B

On Thursday I had my pre-surgery EGD that was required prior to WLS and due to family history, I had my 1st ever colonoscopy. Yep I had a double probe. One on each end. Just for laughs I weighed myself on the morning of the procedure and after being completely cleaned out I was at 289 lbs. I knew it was only because I fasted for 2 days and cleaned out my insides with that MoviPrep solution that has me convinced that it was made by the devil himself. Regardless of the fact it was short-lived, it was still nice to see the scale under 290 lbs. I hope I will get there naturally soon enough.

Don 1962
on 5/23/18 7:34 am

(joking) If your insurance company is like mine they only wanted to pay for one or the other. I hope they did your endoscopy first!

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/18 3:38 am
VSG on 10/11/16

You should ask the doc if he has a picture of the two cameras meeting up in the middle.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 29 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 62 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 87 views