July 4th Weigh In

Don 1962
on 7/1/18 8:06 am, edited 7/1/18 8:07 am

Image result for july 4th

Last week: 185.4

This week: 184.2

Well schedule at work is "normalizing" again. At least it is back to M-F. Two evenings and three days. New guy is own his own Wednesday. Means I have one day off this weekend. Today. Sam's run or yard work? Sam's s is air conditioned.

Local café reopening has not hurt me too much on the scales. It's just too hot to eat. Not getting sick just don't want to eat. Drinking water like a fish.

Regardless of the political situation in this country - FREEDOM is not, nor will it ever be, FREE!

Have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/18 8:28 am
VSG on 10/11/16

The past few days here have been brutal on a couple of levels. One, the heat outside is what you Southrons are used to. Today they are calling for 99°. It has been that way for a few days, and is forecast to continue for a few more. Our central AC isn't designed to handle that. It is tolerable. We will survive on that score.

The family is all here, or will be shortly after noon. Right now I've got five grandchildren, two parents, Grandma and myself here. The last three will arrive shortly and it'll be real cozy here, with screaming little monsters running around. We love them and we enjoy them, but it is the last little bit below that is making this visit tough.

Early Saturday morning, I had the immense pleasure of a kidney stone manifest itself. It may be a new one, or it may be one that was discovered five years ago. That one has been sitting in a backwater of my kidney and is about the size of a cannonball. With spikes. Ten milligrams of oxycodone has been keeping the pain between tolerable and excruciating. Tomorrow I'll be calling my PCP to see about a cat scan, something the ready care people can't authorize. Our copay for the ER is 700 freaking dollars, so I'm not going there for anything less than death. Thank you progressives, for that bit of "affordable" health care.

Ive been stable at 261-264 for months. In the past two days (I missed yesterday, due to being at the ready care) my weight has shot up to 267. I attribute that to forcing as much liquid as I can, and not getting it back out - yet. I expect that this too shall pass, and I will resume my normal weight once it does.

I hope everyone has a good Independence Day week, and takes opportunity to be thankful for the freedoms we still have, and for those who have sacrificed to secure them for us. Even a kidney stone pales compared to that.

Last week 262

This week 267

Don 1962
on 7/1/18 3:10 pm

Been blessed and so far so good not having to pass a watermelon through a water hose. Know several men who have though. Commented that if that is similar to what a woman endures during delivery they would never have had any kids.

Enjoy the grands!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 4:24 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you. I had some scans today and it is indeed my "old friend". The doc says I have 2-4 weeks to pass it, and then he is "going in" with a laser. I have lots of good (bariatric friendly) pain meds, so hopefully they will help me through it.

82much
on 7/1/18 10:45 am
VSG on 11/28/16

197.9 Last week
195.3 Today

Food: B
Water: A
Vitamins: A
Exercise: A

Yes it has been hot! But makes for a good workout outside, as long as I keep hydrated. Moved a yard of compost and three yards of mulch over the last few days. House is looking good, but the pool is looking even better right now. Just got done mowing. SHower and off to Sam's. Then pool time!

Happy Fourth of July to all in the land of the Free!

-Bob

Don 1962
on 7/1/18 3:11 pm

Enjoy the pool time!

NCMTNEER13
on 7/2/18 10:09 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Start of 6 month pre-op diet (2/14): 320 lbs.

6/25: 287 lbs

7/2: 284.6 lbs

Managed to lose a few lbs. this week to get back closer to my most recent low weight (283).

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 91 views