Sunday Weight In

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/19 7:36 am

I figured since this is a men's forum, what the heck.

This week I dipped a hair under 160lbs which is my center of gravity for the past 2 years. After wls, when I hit 200lbs, everyone told me how great I looked. When I dipped under 170lbs, people started giving me farewell hugs and saying we'd meet again some day, "but not yet, not yet!" :)

Exercise has been fantastic, food is a disaster. I always get in vitamins and nutrition but for some reason still eat a lot of crap - mostly sweets. Some day I'll wise up on that.

Don 1962
on 8/4/19 9:23 am
Don 1962
on 8/4/19 9:29 am

Last week: 188.2

This week: 188.2

Tough week in Texas. Not just El Paso but locally as well. Empathy to Dayton, OH.

Storm door finally installed and legal to carry a gun for another year. Was in a low spot with no breeze, hot and humid. T-shirt I had on was soaked through and through. The Honey was very happy I took a bath before we went out to eat!

Have a Great Week!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 8/4/19 10:08 am
VSG on 11/28/16

210.2 Last Week
210.2 Today

Week started out good. Wife's best friend and her daughter in town an staying with us for the week. Good pool times.

Thursday got a phone call from my brother in law. My nephew had died from a heroin overdose. He was only 24. He had been battling it since senior year in highschool. I mentioned it on the forum last July when he had a relapse. His demons are now gone. A long road for my sister and brother in law, and the whole family ahead.

Don, Thank you for the kind words last year and this year.

-bob

DonRobbie
on 8/4/19 1:00 pm
DS on 12/18/18

Sorry to hear that 82. I lost my best friend from high school to addiction a few years after graduation. Reading about your nephew reminded me of how damn helpless I felt during his descent. Anyway, hugs to you and yours right now.

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/19 7:43 pm

Bob, sorry to hear about your nephew. Addictions can be devastating for many people. Hopefully some silver lining will emerge out of it, but it's hard to spot in the early days after a tragedy.

DonRobbie
on 8/4/19 12:54 pm
DS on 12/18/18

Last week 202.8

This week 201.0

Vacation was pretty low stress. Didn't get much done but had no calamities so I'm calling it a win. Survived Holiday World well enough, though it got expensive buying food every 3 hours or so and tossing more than half of it.

They did have some low carb options but they came with their own challenges. Had a kid's turkey dinner from their thanksgiving themed restaurant, skipped the roll, stuffing, and pie. Used the mashed potatoes and gravy mostly to try to get the turkey coated in gravy, it was still too dry. It wasn't terribly cooked, I just have a really hard time with white meat anymore, which is a total reversal from preop where I had a strong preference for white meat. It's so dry that even drenching it in gravy it's hard to get down. That's kind of a bummer because I always make our thanksgiving turkey and mine does come out exceptionally moist but I'm pretty sure the breast meat isn't going to work that great. Oh well, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. My DS is getting a bit more forgiving of a few carbs. I had a chicken tender for another meal, and it wasn't great but it didn't turn me into the Hindenberg which I consider a victory. Not everything is 'progress', I've tolerated a little diet soda before so I gave it a whirl (Holiday World has free soft drinks but a limited selection).... and wound up tossing the diet Dew after maybe 4 oz and survived the rest of the day on water.

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/19 7:38 pm

The white meat is a DS thing. I couldn't eat it at all for6 to 9 months post surgery but no problem with steak. Eventually white meat was no problem, and now it's a staple food for me.

DonRobbie
on 8/5/19 3:41 am
DS on 12/18/18

Steak worked way earlier than I expected.

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/19 5:55 am

Yup I expected steak to be the toughest food of all, but I was able to eat it very soon after wls. Chicken would not go down at all for about 6 to 9 months, and was about the only food I vomited back you. This happened twice and both times I knew after swallowing it there was a problem.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 35 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 81 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 94 views