Recent Posts

Fredbear
on 2/23/17 9:20 pm
VSG on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: So post op...What foods don't sit well with you??

So far (3 months) just things that are sugary. Thankfully it doesn't really appeal to me, so it's easy to refuse.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

82much
on 2/23/17 12:02 pm
VSG on 11/28/16
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Welcome to the men's forum!  I'm new here myself.

yvranx42
on 2/23/17 11:20 am
VSG on 02/01/17
Topic: RE: 5 days post op

I felt the same way for the first couple of days. It will pass!

Don 1962
on 2/23/17 10:57 am

The "what the Hell have I done to myself" is common.  It will pass.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gortzilla
on 2/23/17 5:28 am - Fremont, MI

I am almost 3 years out from VSG and still cannot have boiled eggs any other way is fine also no hotdogs 

CarlRay
on 2/22/17 3:58 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks!  Can't wait. 

Don 1962
on 2/22/17 3:26 pm

Welcome to the "hood"!

You are fixing to get on the ride of your life!  Hang on!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/22/17 1:03 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I tolerate everything that I've tried but 3 things sit "hard" on my stomach, chicken breast, cheddar cheese and tuna. I tried a small amount of dairy Queen soft serve and it sit fine but I had a huge sugar crash from it.

CarlRay
on 2/22/17 9:24 am
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RNY coming up

I've been cruising around the forums for a few weeks now, and saw the call to men to come on over to this thread, so I thought I'd give it a try. 

I grew up on a farm, lived that childhood full of chores, working the land with my family, hunting/fishing and a love of roughing it on a camping trip any time.  I moved to town when my Dad got transferred, and learned to get along well enough in the city, but kept that farmer / outdoorsman outlook on life.  So many friends growing up didn't learn the stuff I did, so in my teens and 20's, I hunted with very few people.  I loved it though, and through college I kept my freezer full of meat for my 2 (non-hunting) roommates and I.  They never knew what I was making, and unless they asked, I never told them what it was (deer, rabbit, pheasant, whatever) but I never heard complaints.  Recently I've rediscovered my love of fishing, and I've introduced my two young daughters to it.  They're "hooked" (sorry, I had to).  The older one wants to learn marksmanship with a compound bow and rifle, so I'll be getting her into that as soon as I get this all sorted out. 

I've played drums since 1978 (born in '74), and that is how I occupy most of my time nowadays.  If I'm stressed, I hit them for an hour or two and run through whatever playlist burns off my stress.  It's a fantastic distraction.  I'm in a band, and the band mates are all supportive of this decision to have surgery.  I'm looking forward to seeing what me at around 200-220 lbs can actually do behind the kit.  From what I'm reading, energy levels go through the roof, so this oughtta be good. 

I was always a big kid, having that "meat and potatoes" approach but my weight gain didn't really get out of hand until late high school and into college.  After college I worked and wasn't paying attention to myself.  Eventually, by age 38 I was 391 lbs, though it was more evenly distributed on me than in one area of my body.  I didn't feel good so I started taking care of myself.  I got it down to about 360 and two knee injuries sidelined my efforts for a bit, until I bought a good bicycle.  It's been a couple of years now, but I've whittled it down to 324 (including the 7 months I've been in the bariatric program).

My RNY is on Monday, Feb 27th.  I'm not anxious or nervous in the least about it, which I find weird but I'm OK with that.  The Optifast has been not too bad.  I was dreading this step because of the horror stories I've read about "Opti-trots" and horrendous breath, and all of that.  I also walk 7 miles round trip to work, so the prospect of diarrhea doesn't really appeal much to me, LOL.  I honestly don't mind the chocolate Opti, and the only thing I notice is a metallic taste in my mouth for a side effect, though that could be ketosis as much as the optifast. 

Anyway, there's a bit about me, hope to see y'all around on here. 

Seev !
on 2/22/17 6:18 am
RNY on 08/20/15

Hang in there, bud!  It'll get better.  It might be head hunger at this point.  Make sure you are sipping enough water. 

Good luck!

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 22 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 22 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 55 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In