Recent Posts

Don 1962
on 2/25/24 6:16 am
Topic: Spring Training Sunday Weigh In

Baseball Party Ideas to Kick Off the Baseball Season

Last week: 205.0

This week: 205.6

Blame it on muscle build up from moving things around in the shop. Almost done with it. Down to the busiest 36 sq ft in building.

Hope springs eternal for baseball fans with Spring Training started. Local Radio/TV tripping over the Rangers and winning WS back-to-back years. Hasn't been done since Yankees in 1999 and 2000. Provided they do then 2025 Spring Training there will be talk of a "threepeat". Tack 1998 on to other two Yankee wins for the last time that happened.

Have a Great Week, Gentlemen!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Don 1962
on 2/18/24 12:46 pm
Topic: RE: President's Day Sunday Weigh In

Main issue is dust and dirt having blown in over last several years. Took leaf blower to floors to push some of it back out but that blew would blow it everywhere else where it accumulated. Used whisk broom to clean off where I could work on top bench. Spider webs and dirt dauber nest to knock out from under benches. You get the idea. Did have two white metal cabinets I had some small things stored it that I transferred to plastic storage bins to be able to get rid of cabinets. 30-year-old air compressor died on me a couple weeks ago. It and the cabinets went outside the front gates with "Free" signs taped to them. Three hours later......

82much
on 2/18/24 9:41 am
VSG on 11/28/16
Topic: RE: President's Day Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 217.5
This Week 215.3

My work bench area has always been a mess. I'm slowly gathering up and sorting out tools I want and getting rid of duplicate duplicates. It's amazing how none of my nieces or nephews and neighbor kids want anthing. Luckily my brother in law is very handy and I'm letting him pick through.

Even though it is winter, retirement is still good!

Good week to all!

Don 1962
on 2/18/24 7:55 am, edited 2/18/24 7:57 am
Topic: President's Day Sunday Weigh In

Businesses Closed on Monday for Presidents Day | Sandhills Express

Last week: 204.4

This week: 205.0

Celebrated President's Day yesterday dropping some on blackjack table. Did not pick any back up. Wife on the other hand.....

Need to get rump back on rower. Have been getting "work out" by working on cleaning shop. Down to the BUSIEST 3' of the building. The work bench area.

Jmm4321
on 2/11/24 8:35 am
Topic: RE: Superbowl Sunday Weigh In

CW: 164, LW 164.7

Exercise has been better than normal for Winter due to warmer than usual weather. I aim for 10k steps or equivalent exercise every day and usually fail in Jan & Feb but good so far.

I'm expecting even more bling than usual for Super Bowl tonight and hoping for a competitive game. In the meantime I have to hurry up and get my giant pup on a quick hike and maybe a short workout at gym prior to game time.

Have a great week! And enjoy the game

Don 1962
on 2/11/24 7:23 am, edited 2/10/24 11:25 pm
Topic: RE: Superbowl Sunday Weigh In

We double clutched this morning!!

Last week: 205.0

This week: 204.4

Little better. Took on one of those "been a while since it has been done" projects this week that like any project I get into comes off the rails quickly. Shop building has not had a through cleaning, as in move things and clean off webs and dirt dauber nest, in years! Air compressor laid down and died. Got 30 years out of it so okay. Using it to remove bulk dust and dirt then sweep for more dust, spider webs and bug carcasses. Needless to say trip to HD yesterday to get home and it started pouring rain. Maybe get it done this week.

Lest we forget WEDNESDAY IS VALENTINE'S DAY!! Keep mama happy. Mama not happy - NOBODY HAPPY!!

Go Chiefs!

Don 1962
on 2/11/24 7:21 am
82much
on 2/11/24 7:21 am
VSG on 11/28/16
Topic: Superbowl Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 215.9
This Week 217.5

This week it would seem just like the meme above. I had a retiree breakfast get together, a day out with my siblings, and yesterday Kurentovanje (Slovenian Mardi Gras celebration in Cleveland) I did ok with the food, but all the salt really adds up. Now superbowl today. I'll have all next week to recover :-)

Good week to all.

Jmm4321
on 2/4/24 8:02 pm
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

Weights stable somewhere in the low 160's. I always gain in Feb/March and lose in Spring.

The weather by me was 40 degrees and sunny so I did a bike ride today. Usually, I don't get a chance in Feb but this year I'm committed to trying anytime we're north of 40 degrees.

My yard is also full of dog crap but I'm leaving it until the Spring. I use an electronic fence and figure the coyotes will have their hands full if they try anything with my pup. He's big mostly ridgeback and has pitbull jaws/ Luckily very friendly to people and other dogs, but not so much with squirrels or deer.

Don 1962
on 2/4/24 8:49 am, edited 2/4/24 12:50 am
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

Last week: 203.8

This week: 205.0

Sunshine makes a difference. It's still dog crap duty but in a better light and still cool enough not to smell! Broke down and got some portable fence sections and rods from Lowe's to make a pen/run for our two to use after dark. Male has this thing for tracking whatever has been near house often times going into brush on land next to us. Wifey afraid he will meet a coyote or wild hog.

Was dry enough, or so I thought, to try fixing the wild hog rooting damages closest to the house. Too wet to do well so was a half ass result. Will have to go dig a few scoops of sandy soil to dress up better. Remembered too why I'm not a fan of Mahindra tractors. Had some low tree limbs to contend with and it was shorter than our other tractor only reason I used it.

Have a Great Week!!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 58 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 78 views