Last Week 217.1
This Week 217.1

View from our neck of the woods.

82much
on 4/8/24 9:02 am
Topic: RE: Eclipse Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 217.5
This Week 217.1

So far it is looking like we may see the eclipse in what is usually a cloudy Cleveland area!

I haven't seen the gridlock the news keeps warning us about. It is a good excuse to have a few neighbors over and break out the grill!

Good week to all!

82much
on 3/31/24 7:53 am, edited 3/31/24 1:12 am
Topic: RE: Easter Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 214.5
This Week 217.5

He has risen!

So did my weight :-)

Happy Easter to all!

82much
on 3/24/24 1:40 pm
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 215.7
This Week 214.5

No yardwork here. Woke up to about 2" of snow yesterday. Today it is sunny, 40F and hardly a trace of snow.

I start my part time job Tuesday. I wasn't really ready to go back, but they had a need and this will let me get my foot in the door. It is only 18-24 hous a week, as needed. I hate painting, so I will use the extra scratch to have my kitchen and living room painted.

Good week to all!

82much
on 3/17/24 8:31 am
Topic: RE: St. Patty's Day Weigh In

Last Week 214.0
This Week 215.7

They were all sold out :-(

Good week to all

82much
on 3/10/24 9:02 am, edited 3/10/24 1:03 am
Topic: RE: Spring Forward Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 215.8
This Week 214.0

Two days ago it was in the 60's. Snow thi morning. Tousday it's supposed to be 60 again. This will be life in North East Ohio for the next month and a half.

Looks like I will be going back to work a few days a week as needed. A little extra cash is always fine. A contractor boss (I was a civil servnt) called and asked if I could help out. He said it is hard to find people who want to work and pass a pee test :-) So, I'll give it a shot. I've only been retired a little over two months, but I sure am enjoying it.

My iron spiked a little in 2022, so my Dr. said to eliminate the additional iron in my daily vitamins. They have been in normal range for the last two checks. FYI, I use ProCare Health one a day bariatric multivitamins.

Edit: I just looked up Ferritin, and it's not the same as iron.

Good week to all!

82much
on 3/3/24 10:11 am, edited 3/3/24 2:11 am

Last Week 215.8
This Week 215.8

Don, I like your post :-)

Good week to all!

82much
on 2/25/24 7:45 am
Topic: RE: Spring Training Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 215.3
This Week 215.8

A sunny day here near Cleveland. Makes you feel good. I think I'lll gladly get outside and pick up dog crap

Good week to all!

82much
on 2/18/24 9:41 am
Topic: RE: President's Day Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 217.5
This Week 215.3

My work bench area has always been a mess. I'm slowly gathering up and sorting out tools I want and getting rid of duplicate duplicates. It's amazing how none of my nieces or nephews and neighbor kids want anthing. Luckily my brother in law is very handy and I'm letting him pick through.

Even though it is winter, retirement is still good!

Good week to all!

82much
on 2/11/24 7:21 am
Topic: RE: Superbowl Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 215.9
This Week 217.5

This week it would seem just like the meme above. I had a retiree breakfast get together, a day out with my siblings, and yesterday Kurentovanje (Slovenian Mardi Gras celebration in Cleveland) I did ok with the food, but all the salt really adds up. Now superbowl today. I'll have all next week to recover :-)

Good week to all.

82much
on 2/4/24 8:02 am

Last Week 215.2
This Week 215.9

Finally a little sunshine here. Last time we saw the sun was in December. It felt so good that I was actually happy to go outside and pick up dog crap in the sun :-)

Good week to all!

82much
on 1/28/24 8:51 am

Last Week 214.1
This Week 215.2

Don, same here :-)

January is like the Monday of the months

Goodmweek to all

82much
on 1/21/24 12:31 pm

Last Week 216.3
This Week 214.1

9" of snow Friday. I had to shovel twice. Been thnking about getting a snow blower, but you know I'm on a fixed income now.

So far retirement has been good (two weeks). I haven't really gotten bored...yet. Fixing a few things here and there and just taking it easy. I want to give it at least a month before I look at going back part time with a contractor.

Good week to all!

82much
on 1/14/24 4:14 pm

Last Week 218.0
This Week 216.3

Even I watched the Browns last night. Went to a watch party at a friends. Dissapointed in the outcome, but they just played better, and I think the refs could have done better. But being from Cleveland, I saw the Flacco really gave us a great season.

As we say so mu*****levelan, "maybe next year" :-)

As for retirement, I can get used to this. We will come back to that stement ina few weeks. The Mrs started a honeydo list today :-)

Good week to all!

Damn it's cold here!

82much
on 1/7/24 8:50 am
Topic: RE: Bob's Retirement Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 216.9
This Week 218.0

Thanks Don!

My daughter threw me a surprise retirement party Wednesday after my last day of work. Lots of leftovers so, that's what I'm blaming the gain on :-)

Looking forward to smiling tomorrow morning.

Good week to all!

82much
on 12/31/23 9:56 am
Topic: RE: Happy New Year Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 216.3
This Week 216.9

Weather has been wet, but you don't have to shovel rain. Had a good Christmas and looking forward to a Happy healthy New year. At next weeks weigh in, I will be retired :-)

Good week and a Happy Healthy New Year to all!

82much
on 12/24/23 6:55 am
Topic: RE: Christmas Eve Weigh In

Last Week 215.7
This Week 216.3

Merry Christmas and a good week to all!

82much
on 12/17/23 8:30 am

Last Week 216.6
This Week 215.7

Mine is just about done. Luckily I only have to shop for my wife. She takes care of the kids and everyone else.

Ten work days left until retirement.

Good week to all!

82much
on 12/10/23 7:34 pm

Last Week 217.7
This Week 216.6

Nothing really new here. Went out last week with my brother and sisters to buy some Slovenian kielbsasa for Christmaas. It has been too warm (in the 50s) to hang it in the shed to dry, but it will be getting back in the 30's tomorrrow. My garage frij smells like a smoke house, but I'm not complaning. Reminds me of my childhood. Christmas party for my building this week, I'll be making kielbasa and home made kraut.

Good week to all!

82much
on 12/3/23 11:35 am

Last Week 216.4
This Week 217.7

Just got in from hanging the Christmas lights outside. We've had a small stretch of 50 degree weather, but with rain. But as I always say, "You don't have to shovel rain!" :-)

Good week to all

T minus 30 days until retirement

82much
on 11/26/23 2:44 pm
Topic: RE: After Thanksgiving Sunday Weigh-in

Last Week 219.3
This Week 216.4

Held my own at Thanksgiving dinner. But a little stomach trouuble and a case of the squirts gave me a nice dip in the weight this morning :-)

Now daling with all the leftovers. I don;t know how much more turkey I can tke :-)

Good week to all!

82much
on 11/19/23 8:45 am
Topic: RE: Pre-Thanksgiving Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 216.1
This Week 219.3

Had a good weight wee****il this morning :-) I'll blame it on fast food yesterday and a lot of salty chips in the evening. OK...I blame it on me. This week may be tough also. Taking off Monday to go out all day with my brother and sisters. That means a 40 mile trek to our favorite butcher/kielbasa maker to get sausage, then an Italian cheese and deli shop, then Cleveland's West Side Market (look it up, it is a historical venue). Of course sampling at each place. Finally will end up going out to eat.

Good week and Happy Thanksgiving!

82much
on 11/12/23 1:24 pm
Topic: RE: Veteran's Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 218.9
This Week 216.1

Had a good week. Got the grass cut, hopefully last time. I'll probably get a tractor with a bagger next year and sell the zero turn. Wife wants clippings bagged and there is no bagger for my zero turn.

Started to clean out my bench at work. The other vulture techs are hovering around to see what I leave behind :-) Just over 6 weeks left until retirement, or semi retirement if my wife has her wish.

Good week to all!

82much
on 11/5/23 11:58 am
Topic: RE: After Halloween - Sunday Weigh In

Last Week 218.9
This Week 218.9

Two days after Halloween, all that leftover candy went to work. Let them deal with the temptation :-)

Good week to all!

82much
on 10/29/23 10:23 am
Topic: RE: World Series Weigh In

Last Week 219.8
This Week 218.9

Got a mowing in while we had a few days in the 70's. Cold front coming through so I better get the patio stuff put away.

Retirement at the beginning of January coming up quick. Yeah, I'm a little nervous. Contractor offered me to come back, which I may on a part time basis to ease into full retirement and double dip for a while. :-)

Good week to all!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Sunday Weigh In