Depression or manic-depression

sjbob
on 8/25/11 8:00 am - Willingboro, NJ
 Many depressed people posted on this forum sometime during the summer.  I can't really help you other than to sympathize.  I am manic-depressive and have been from that for at least 20 years.  I've been receiving a Fed Civil Service disability due to my condition for 19 years.  For about 10 years prior to that, the shrinks thought I just had depression that would get better. Ha,ha!.  Lithium aided in gaining weight which I didn't need.  I was eventually changed to other meds.

I know that almost eveyone who posts her does feel depressed from time to time.  I'm just wondering how people who seemed desolate back earlier in the summer are doing.  I'd like to write to each of you individually, but that's not practical.  

I'm actually feeling ok now but I'm still snacking on my addictive foods.  I'm keeping the volume low.  I really do feel like I'm going crazy an climbing the walls if I try to give up all of my treats.
darliner00
on 5/15/12 11:54 pm, edited 5/17/12 5:36 am
Having that kind of illness is not easy. It's a matter of controlling and self descipline on how you can control what your mind is telling you.

Wish you all the best.
Darline
dsm iv

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 671 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 671 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 883 views
What triggers your anxiety