Serequel

bbwvixen
on 5/27/12 12:29 pm - Surrey, Canada
I was put on it a year ago 100 mg. didn't have any side affects to it that I know of.
But a year later, I'm starting to gain weight and have incredible carb and sweets cravings.
In another group a few people said this is the serequel. Does that sound right?
boxermom
on 5/27/12 11:48 pm - MI
 posted to ya on the main board...
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Jen 1959
on 6/13/12 8:32 am - NH
I am on Seroqeul , believe its been 3 yrs now and it has not affected my weight.

HOWEVER I recently have reverted back to my bad eating habits which got me fat to begin with.
I do not attribute this to the Seroquel though.

Surgery fixes our stomachs but not our brains and now I am back to junk food all day.
I need to get a grip .

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

brookemcd123
on 7/13/12 1:19 pm - Canada
I'm 5 yrs post op and started serequel about 4 months ago.  I didn't gain any weight at first (at 25 mg dose) but once I was moved to 50 mg and then quickly to 100 mg, I gained 26 lbs in 7 weeks.  The last 3 weeks I was even trying to lose weight (diet etc) and I still gained another 6 lbs.  My dr. took me off it due to the weight gain and I haven't gained any more weight since going off it.  Serequel definitely has different side effects for different people - for me it was weight gain and sleepiness.  Talk to your dr and make sure they understand that weight gain is not a side effect that you can live with. There are a lot of different meds out there so they can always try something else.  Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 686 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 679 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 893 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1593 views